FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Old time rods  (Read 1453 times)

myemmy

Old time rods
« on: Jun 17, 2018, 09:36 AM »
Who’s got any old rods and reels,steel rods or fiberglass pics if possible .?? H2l where’s yours ?

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Old time rods
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2018, 09:44 AM »
My go to jigging rod is one I bought in the late 80's or early 90's. (Mag-touch)  It has caught a lot of walleyes. Think that is the oldest I have. Something happens to that I may have to sell the boat...lol... I did use a new 13 rod yesterday that has a good feel to it but my daughter was using my old and she caught fish, while I missed a few..h2l

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2018, 09:45 AM »
I have a collection of old bamboo fly rods and steel rods   2 of my favorites ids old  Garcia fiberglass  bait casters with matching Johnson 100b reels on them ,I still use them every year for bullheads

nice idea for a thread bye the way
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

myemmy

Re: Old time rod
« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2018, 12:37 PM »
I have two steel round rods with pfluger sumits on them than two fiberglass Shakespeare wonder rods with shake sphere reels on them, also at one time a true temper chromed steel rod that some liked it better than me.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2018, 01:32 PM »
Here's a C.P.M.M., NY steel rod with "ruby" line guides topped with a Pfleuger Deluxe Nubby No. 1690 that hangs on my office wall.

;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2018, 03:24 PM »
what is old?
is my mitchell 301 with full bail and my golden mitchell rod with agate guides
that i got NEW in 1959 is that old,and still use them [look at some of my fish photos
you will see them
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

filetandrelease

« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2018, 03:45 PM »
I have several Mitchell reels in the 300 series , with extra spools  in the original boxes , 1 ocean city fly reel , no real antique rods 80s sage 8weight , and an80s 11weight fenwick  , 80s ultralight fenwick , 80s ultralight Berkley lighting rod , some 80s series 1 rods those are all I can think of without digging

bootstrap

« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 2018, 05:59 PM »
im a picker-antique dealer. I keep and use most of the old stuff i find that I like. they dont make it like they used to.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jun 17, 2018, 06:25 PM »
im a picker-antique dealer. I keep and use most of the old stuff i find that I like. they dont make it like they used to.

got to disagree on this one at least when it comes to rods ,rods are  lighter ,stronger , and cast further ....... fly fishing equipment  today simply smokes the  stuff from the past .

however old stuff is always fun
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Jun 17, 2018, 07:25 PM »
I have this one. All aluminum and wooden hande.
Tip is square and turns round into but end..
Old Atlas baitcaster on it..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.