FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sunday funday  (Read 4713 times)

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Sunday funday
« on: Aug 26, 2019, 09:38 AM »
Had a good Sunday afternoon fishing, the big one is almost 4lbs and if it were fatter it would have really been a pig.

lowaccord66

Re: Sunday funday
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2019, 09:53 AM »
Looking good!

zwiggles

« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2019, 10:15 AM »
Nice job jethro! Did you get a length on the big one? Looks like a great day!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #3 on: Aug 26, 2019, 10:15 AM »
Beauties Jethro! Awesome
Wicked Wec

jibbs

« Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2019, 10:30 AM »
beauty day as well...congrats
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

AquaAssassin

« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2019, 12:16 PM »
Solid!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Jethro

« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2019, 12:33 PM »
Nice job jethro! Did you get a length on the big one? Looks like a great day!

Did indeed, 23". BIG jump as it was brought to the boat. There were 3 of us, we each got to keep one for the grill!

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Aug 26, 2019, 12:56 PM »
Very nice Jethro but why didn't you throw them on ice? I got a neighbor really sick once on a trout I gave her that I didn't put on ice, but instead put it on a stringer in warm surface water.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

mowbizz

« Reply #8 on: Aug 26, 2019, 05:06 PM »
Beautiful landlockeds!  Been hitting them pretty good too...except for this morning. Had three good fish on and all got off halfway in.

Jethro

« Reply #9 on: Aug 27, 2019, 08:08 AM »
Very nice Jethro but why didn't you throw them on ice? I got a neighbor really sick once on a trout I gave her that I didn't put on ice, but instead put it on a stringer in warm surface water.

You are completely correct! I need to remember to bring a catch cooler when I fish in the summer. 68F Water is not ok for keeping the catch cool enough! We fished only a few hours so I think it was ok but you are absolutely correct about needing ice and a specific catch cooler at the ready. I need to get better at that.

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Aug 27, 2019, 12:34 PM »
You are completely correct! I need to remember to bring a catch cooler when I fish in the summer. 68F Water is not ok for keeping the catch cool enough! We fished only a few hours so I think it was ok but you are absolutely correct about needing ice and a specific catch cooler at the ready. I need to get better at that.

Gosh I sure hope I didn't sound preachy.  :angel: :angel: :angel:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #11 on: Aug 27, 2019, 01:54 PM »
Nice catch. If I intend on keeping some for dinner I just throw a few bags of ice in my livewell, it's already insulated, has a drain and I can't forget it at home... I know all boats are different but it works for me.

seamonkey84

« Reply #12 on: Aug 27, 2019, 03:33 PM »
Nice salmon! Totally agree with icing the fish as soon as possible. I always give a good wack to the head. Though I don’t always plan on keeping any fish, I always bring a small cooler full of ice for my drinks, the drinks are kept in a ziplock bag in the cooler.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

zwiggles

« Reply #13 on: Aug 27, 2019, 04:36 PM »
Nice catch. If I intend on keeping some for dinner I just throw a few bags of ice in my livewell, it's already insulated, has a drain and I can't forget it at home... I know all boats are different but it works for me.

This is precisely what we do.

Streamfisha

• Poolguy on IS
« Reply #14 on: Aug 27, 2019, 05:22 PM »
Well done !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.