FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fall run  (Read 7203 times)

Knot there yet

Fall run
« on: Oct 03, 2018, 10:38 AM »
Got lucky stopped at ramp to waste some time(10 min) and 💥 it happened. Birds bass bonito blasting bait ball blitz. Banged 2 baby bass24”, 1  bonito bbbbbbbb thats all folks. 
 The fall run makes some amazing thing happen. Time to put time in.Feeding fish should be everywhere. Good luck

ICEHOLE

Re: Fall run
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2018, 02:52 PM »
I am ready, sorta, for my first trip down to the canal. Add another googan to the visitors list...
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

Knot there yet

« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2018, 06:49 PM »
I am ready, sorta, for my first trip down to the canal. Add another googan to the visitors list...
everyone should go to canal  Polasky New York & Montauk New York at least once in their life I got to get to Montauk

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2018, 09:09 PM »
this time of year the visitor list is short so you are fine. :laugh:

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2018, 09:48 AM »
Yeah I've never really fished the fall run.  I might have to give it a go this year.  I usually start focusing my efforts on trout and steelhead until the ice starts to form.  Maybe this is the year I make it happen.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2018, 12:04 PM »
Fall run is what you make of it.  It used to be pretty good in the canal, fairly consistant, but now with less fish that's changed.  Been thinking about Montauk this year as there's plenty of time left.  Have to know how to swim there.  Jersey in December is good too for those of you interested in extending your surf season.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 2018, 12:35 PM »
Fall run is what you make of it.  It used to be pretty good in the canal, fairly consistant, but now with less fish that's changed.  Been thinking about Montauk this year as there's plenty of time left.  Have to know how to swim there.  Jersey in December is good too for those of you interested in extending your surf season.

I may make that run to Montauk.
Wicked Wec

bogtrotter

« Reply #7 on: Oct 04, 2018, 02:30 PM »
I fished at a Montauk State Park in Missouri (obviously a different Montauk) about 20 years ago.

Pretty good fishing for stocked rainbows as I recall. :)

westernmas

« Reply #8 on: Oct 04, 2018, 03:18 PM »

Pick a weekend for Montauk.  I'll be up in Pulaski middle of November but I'm game for a road trip this month (coming from the guy who just drove back from Cleveland on Sunday ::)).  Oak Orchard fishing the days prior to the wedding in Cleveland was uneventful, foul hooked salmon that we couldn't land, landed a decent smallie and then broke my TFO TiCRX at first light on the second day.  Luckily I brought the spinning gear which my girlfriend was overjoyed to use (8wt with overhanging trees and shrubs was a disaster).  We drifted egg sacks and flies after that without much luck.  Would have loved to see how the Saragusa would hold up to a salmon.  I also explored some smaller tribs, but even with the rain they received the prior night and morning, the water seemed too low for any fish to be moving up.  I will def be back at a later date.  The area is much less crowded than Pulaski and seemed a little easier to get a decent drift with the size of the river and flow. 
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Oct 04, 2018, 04:06 PM »
Might be soon Pat.  I'll keep you in the loop.  Either that or Rhode island not this weekend but the following one. 

Garufi518

« Reply #10 on: Oct 04, 2018, 07:06 PM »
M
O
N
T
A
U
K

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #11 on: Oct 04, 2018, 07:16 PM »
Pick a weekend for Montauk.  I'll be up in Pulaski middle of November but I'm game for a road trip this month (coming from the guy who just drove back from Cleveland on Sunday ::)).  Oak Orchard fishing the days prior to the wedding in Cleveland was uneventful, foul hooked salmon that we couldn't land, landed a decent smallie and then broke my TFO TiCRX at first light on the second day.  Luckily I brought the spinning gear which my girlfriend was overjoyed to use (8wt with overhanging trees and shrubs was a disaster).  We drifted egg sacks and flies after that without much luck.  Would have loved to see how the Saragusa would hold up to a salmon.  I also explored some smaller tribs, but even with the rain they received the prior night and morning, the water seemed too low for any fish to be moving up.  I will def be back at a later date.  The area is much less crowded than Pulaski and seemed a little easier to get a decent drift with the size of the river and flow.
Heading up to the salmon river for the 10-14th hopefully the mother load that is currently at the mouth moves in.

lowaccord66

« Reply #12 on: Oct 04, 2018, 07:55 PM »
M
O
N
T
A
U
K

You are in for it. The canal is a walk in the park comparatively.  I have the drytop I used when I first visited "the end".  You can use it.  My new stormr came in today.

filetandrelease

« Reply #13 on: Oct 05, 2018, 07:54 AM »
 Lots of fish around , but without enough rain the big consentrations of fish will be in the salmon and Oswego
 Good luck SaSS

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #14 on: Oct 05, 2018, 10:50 AM »
Use to do the Outer Banks trip every year to Hatteras. Stayed in Avon. That was always fun to extend the surf season. Been about 5 or 6 years now since Iv'e been.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.