FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fall run  (Read 7200 times)

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
Re: Fall run
« Reply #15 on: Oct 05, 2018, 10:56 AM »
Lots of fish around , but without enough rain the big consentrations of fish will be in the salmon and Oswego
 Good luck SaSS
Thanks and I will definitely be posting the results.

lowaccord66

« Reply #16 on: Oct 08, 2018, 09:03 AM »
9pm Saturday to 1pm Sunday...Garufi and I fished the canal and Rhode Island.  Caught a couple shorts at the canal.  Missed 2 large bass.  Quiet as far as crowds go.  Very limited surface activity so we went to Westerly.

Tired...we arrived to outgoing tide...which is favorable.  The breach was too busy to fish effectively for bass. Too many albie chasers.  We went to the rocks and got got a few shorts.  I missed an albie.

Reminded me I love the surf.  Cant crowd there!  Your rock is your rock until you cough it up.  I tend to get the best rocks!

westernmas

« Reply #17 on: Oct 08, 2018, 11:27 AM »
9pm Saturday to 1pm Sunday...Garufi and I fished the canal and Rhode Island.  Caught a couple shorts at the canal.  Missed 2 large bass.  Quiet as far as crowds go.  Very limited surface activity so we went to Westerly.

Tired...we arrived to outgoing tide...which is favorable.  The breach was too busy to fish effectively for bass. Too many albie chasers.  We went to the rocks and got got a few shorts.  I missed an albie.

Reminded me I love the surf.  Cant crowd there!  Your rock is your rock until you cough it up.  I tend to get the best rocks!

Nice work Jon.  I stayed local to pike and trout fish.  Saturday I got skunked pike fishing but missed a ton that just couldn't connect on the frog.  My buddy landed 3 smaller pike and had one break him off.  Sunday evening I picked up a fat 15 inch rainbow in the east branch of the westfield and another smaller one in the main branch while we were driving home.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #18 on: Oct 08, 2018, 11:56 AM »
Pat I was going to start on that fall run myself but the boat had other ideas.  I replaced all the fuel lines to the carbs and must have them gummed up good.  Primes up and hold prime but not getting fuel.  Can hear the bowls fill though.  I like to start chasing pike now until ice up so I need to resolve the carb issues.

Knot there yet

« Reply #19 on: Oct 08, 2018, 12:24 PM »
64degree water temp Blues and stripers four keepers Saturday and Blues on Sunday

lowaccord66

« Reply #20 on: Oct 08, 2018, 01:45 PM »
Nice.  I haven't eaten one in quite a while. Once I started eating blackfish never turned back.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #21 on: Oct 09, 2018, 06:12 AM »
Yep... same here Jon. I only harvest a striped bass now on occasion. Black fish , seabass and fluke.
Wicked Wec

westernmas

« Reply #22 on: Oct 09, 2018, 08:26 AM »
Nice.  I haven't eaten one in quite a while. Once I started eating blackfish never turned back.

I harvested my first one this year in a long while, even had to go buy a fillet knife because I mostly catch and release.  I think the last time that I did I had chartered a boat so I had kind of paid for the rewards.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #23 on: Oct 09, 2018, 10:18 AM »
For me it's usually logistics that prevents me from harvesting.  I dont keep them unless it's right before I am finished fishing.  Not to mention the collapse of that fishery is going to happen again.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #24 on: Oct 09, 2018, 10:21 AM »
If you are looking for blackfish action, this is the best year I have ever seen. I went through 5 gallons of crabs bite after bite, fish after fish. Ended up culling a few and took our limit again. Then followed up with over 100lbs of hen of the woods which a buddy and I split. Time to lean my focus on those flying and walking critters in the woods.

Wicked Wec

westernmas

« Reply #25 on: Oct 09, 2018, 10:43 AM »
If you are looking for blackfish action, this is the best year I have ever seen. I went through 5 gallons of crabs bite after bite, fish after fish. Ended up culling a few and took our limit again. Then followed up with over 100lbs of hen of the woods which a buddy and I split. Time to lean my focus on those flying and walking critters in the woods.

How far out do you need to go to get to them?  Are there grounds that I could get to in my yak?
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #26 on: Oct 09, 2018, 11:23 AM »
You could get them from shore if you wanted and yes, a kayak would also get you to other locations. You would need a anchor
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #27 on: Oct 09, 2018, 01:12 PM »
How far out do you need to go to get to them?  Are there grounds that I could get to in my yak?

There are spots in CT you can get them from the yak as well.

westernmas

« Reply #28 on: Oct 09, 2018, 01:57 PM »
You could get them from shore if you wanted and yes, a kayak would also get you to other locations. You would need a anchor

What depth are we talking?  I don't know if I've got an anchor rope that long.  I can pedal in place too so i can hold my position but would like to know the general depth to target.  PM me if you prefer.  I'm strongly debating getting up early Saturday and hitting the CT/RI shore to see if I can find some.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #29 on: Oct 09, 2018, 02:09 PM »
10-30 feet.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com