FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Shut Out on Saturday, Grand Slam on Sunday  (Read 763 times)

bogtrotter

Shut Out on Saturday, Grand Slam on Sunday
« on: Nov 19, 2023, 04:26 PM »
I managed to get out fishing both days this weekend.

On Saturday, I drove down to Chicopee and fished the river of the same name in the hopes of finding some small mouth.

Arriving around 11:15 AM, I fished there from 11:30 to 1:30 PM. 

It was sunny and comparatively warm (50 degrees) and the wading conditions were ideal, but I didn't have a single strike. 

(Neither did the only other fisherman that I saw)

On the drive home, I briefly stopped to try the Mill River (in Williamsburg) and the East Branch of the Westfield (in Cummimgton), but, once again, had absolutely no luck.

(It was also a good bit colder - - about 45 degrees in Williamsburg and 40 in Cummington)

By contrast, the fish were comparatively cooperative this afternoon when I fished three bodies of water in North Adams between 1:30 and 4 PM.

The weather was partly to mostly cloudy and cool (about 40 degrees) - - with a short-lived burst of sleet early on.

Starting with Hudson Brook in the Natural Marble Bridge State Park, I landed four respectable brookies (one 6" and three 8").

Proceeding to the North Hoosic, I landed a 14" rainbow about 100 yards below the Eclipse Mill dam, just as a shaft of sunlight burst out of the clouds.

(I was particularly pleased because this was the first "river" as opposed to "brook" or "pond" fish that I had caught this month)

Finally, swinging by Fish Pond (Windsor Lake), I reeled in another (13") rainbow not too far from the boat ramp.

lowaccord66

Re: Shut Out on Saturday, Grand Slam on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2023, 06:09 PM »
Sounds like a good effort Jim.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.