FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: St. Lawrence river  (Read 1641 times)

kchamp

• fish hard or stay home
St. Lawrence river
« on: Jul 28, 2008, 10:01 PM »
Going up to Grass Point State Park next week, anybody know how the fishing is I am looking for walleye, bass, northern pike and perch. Any tips you can give me would be great.

Taildancer

Re: St. Lawrence river
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2008, 11:16 AM »
kchamp

see http://www.tibait.com/ and go to fishing reports. I fish mainly walleye and thier lastest report on walleyes are locations I've tried and caught fish the rock island lt house is closest to Grassy the others are up stream out from clayton. I've caught them on jigs and worm harness's. Give a report when you get back I'll be up there the week after you.

Good luck

kchamp

• fish hard or stay home
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2008, 12:37 PM »
check out the pictures under the picture gallery, at the bottom of the page that northern pike is weird

pikie

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2008, 12:40 PM »
For pike, go deep.  I used to live in Abay and we'd catch them this time of year in 40-80 fow.  You really need fireline or some super line for this type of fishing.  Of course there are always a few dinks in shallow, or even a nice one thats not feeling too well.  We used to catch them good on buck tail jigs with a 7 inch powerbait worm off the back.  Every year we'd catch maybe one walleye and maybe one musky, so it isn't a great method for those fish, but the northerns sure do like it :)!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.