FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513003 times)

seamonkey84

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3795 on: Aug 06, 2020, 10:58 AM »
My hot pepper that has already produced hasn’t had any ripen yet. I’ve taken two of them already and left the biggest to mature more. My hot Thai peppers are starting to fruit, and the red ghost is blooming the last two days.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

filetandrelease

« Reply #3796 on: Aug 06, 2020, 03:17 PM »

My large tomato plants are producing first picked was 7-7 , I started Some cherry Tomato hydro planting To see if I can have fresh cherries during the off season , if it doesn’t work something else might grow 😜

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3797 on: Aug 06, 2020, 03:34 PM »
Thats why tomatoes dont grow south of the border..   Mine are doing great. Higher altitude and not as hot as you guys..
 Think of Italy where it never gets above 80*..   8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3798 on: Aug 06, 2020, 08:57 PM »
Im getting a handfull of romas, and early girls daily now. Few cherry every few days. Cukes are really cranking and i just never get sick of them.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3799 on: Aug 07, 2020, 01:40 PM »
Looks great Jack...   :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

Sounds like things are growing well Ed...   ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3800 on: Aug 09, 2020, 04:26 AM »
My yellow plumb, Golden Jubilee and Beefsteak Hybrids are finally turning color. San Marzanos are showing signs as well.

It’s about time.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3801 on: Aug 09, 2020, 05:52 PM »
Growing like crazy around here..

seamonkey84

« Reply #3802 on: Aug 09, 2020, 06:04 PM »
Second round of blueberries for the year, and my first set of blackberries off my dwarf primocane blackberry. Yellow Ann raspberry has some berries forming now too, though it’s out of sync with the season since it was planted mid June  :o

Then my late to the party yellow watermelons are growing fast. I’m going to have to plant them into 10-15gal containers and build the trellis soon. Not expecting much of a harvest From them, if any at all. At this point I see it as a practice round and know to start them much sooner next year.

Red chili and red ghost peppers are setting fruit rapidly now

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3803 on: Aug 09, 2020, 07:12 PM »
Looks great SM and jack..
Just pulled the garlic..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3804 on: Aug 10, 2020, 04:39 AM »
Nice pull Dom. Should see you through the winter.

More tomatoes turning color yesterday. Renews my hopes.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3805 on: Aug 10, 2020, 07:40 AM »
Yup, getting there. Finally....

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3806 on: Aug 10, 2020, 01:04 PM »
Another hanging basket not for sale.  Fly robins fly....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3807 on: Aug 10, 2020, 01:59 PM »
You’re a kind landlord.

My Bride and I have been watching the wrens in the nest box in our front yard. We like to sit out under the maple tree in the afternoon. Yesterday 2 of the little ones left the nest and sort of half flew/hopped across the lawn right next to us. One of the parents was close by moving them along.

One got kind of stuck under our chaise lounge. Kept trying to fly up bad bumping into the bottom. Only about 6’ away from us. Pretty cute to watch.

We’ve had one clutch of bluebirds and 3 of house wrens in out houses.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3808 on: Aug 11, 2020, 03:12 PM »
You’re a kind landlord.

My Bride and I have been watching the wrens in the nest box in our front yard. We like to sit out under the maple tree in the afternoon. Yesterday 2 of the little ones left the nest and sort of half flew/hopped across the lawn right next to us. One of the parents was close by moving them along.

One got kind of stuck under our chaise lounge. Kept trying to fly up bad bumping into the bottom. Only about 6’ away from us. Pretty cute to watch.

We’ve had one clutch of bluebirds and 3 of house wrens in out houses.

Rg

Love the wrens singing in the morning but do you know they kill Blue Birds and a lot of others??   
  https://www.audubon.org/news/the-house-wren-unjustly-accused 
https://www.farmanddairy.com/columns/house-wrens-can-be-nasty-neighbors/27143.html   

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3809 on: Aug 11, 2020, 03:38 PM »
Yes I do. They may be responsible for the demise of the second clutch off bluebirds.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.