FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: You Start Out To Do One Thing And.......  (Read 3579 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
You Start Out To Do One Thing And.......
« on: Aug 06, 2020, 06:31 AM »
Yesterday I started out to put a new carburetor on my faithful Homelite Weed Eater. Somehow I ended up spending 6 hours cleaning and reorganizing my garage. Now I have to finish sorting out some of the stuff I unearthed, a couple trips to the recycler to make and I have to build  a new stand for my mitre saw ( I was gonna do that anyway)

The weed eater and new carb are still on the bench.

Is it just me, or does this kind of thing happen to some of you?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

Re: You Start Out To Do One Thing And.......
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2020, 07:04 AM »
Every day RG. I call it the “hey, look a squirrel” syndrome. Start out to do something and become easily distracted by other tasks

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2020, 07:17 AM »
ADD ,attention deficit disorder,  OCPD
 obsessive compulsive personality  disorder and throw in a little dyslexia, and OPP  Yeah you know me.. 8) 8) 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2020, 08:13 AM »

It happens to me more often than not
 Things get done but not always in the original order , long as things get done is what counts

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2020, 09:58 AM »
RGfixit you must be retired.

:rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2020, 10:01 AM »
I just can't believe all the things that have to get done to keep a home and property running and maintained. Add to that a log home and four ponds...

My next big project is replacing the decking with poly deck.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Aug 06, 2020, 10:41 AM »
 “ Hey look at the squirrel”       I like that! Glad its not just me.

Yes..I am retired.

Got the garage in order and even fixed the weed eater. Time for a nap. Then I have to mow. At least I have stuff to keep me busy....I guess.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Aug 06, 2020, 10:59 AM »
“ Hey look at the squirrel”       I like that! Glad its not just me.

Yes..I am retired.

Got the garage in order and even fixed the weed eater. Time for a nap. Then I have to mow. At least I have stuff to keep me busy....I guess.

Rg

And you can still do it. One of my parents is having mobility issues and is really frustrated and down because she can't do things she used to do.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Aug 06, 2020, 01:25 PM »
Every day is an adventure when you get a bit older. I’d have to say that for 70 I’m doing pretty well. No major maladies. All I can tell you is exercise every day you can, eat well, sleep well and take it as it comes.

Rg

zwiggles

« Reply #9 on: Aug 06, 2020, 05:12 PM »
Every day RG. I call it the “hey, look a squirrel” syndrome. Start out to do something and become easily distracted by other tasks

Haha this was my first thought!

Squirrel!

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Aug 06, 2020, 06:35 PM »
Every day is an adventure when you get a bit older. I’d have to say that for 70 I’m doing pretty well. No major maladies. All I can tell you is exercise every day you can, eat well, sleep well and take it as it comes.

Rg

Sounds like good advice.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Aug 07, 2020, 04:25 PM »
...it happens .

Rg

gotagetm

« Reply #12 on: Aug 07, 2020, 06:06 PM »
Holy he!! Yea I get up very early every day even weekend I have a plan in head for following day and by noon I'm on something totally different haha and rg you are right exercise ( no prob with in construction) and eat right  what I try to do ,but I do cheat once in awhile 👍

Badbrad2186

« Reply #13 on: Aug 07, 2020, 06:53 PM »
Holy he!! Yea I get up very early every day even weekend I have a plan in head for following day and by noon I'm on something totally different haha and rg you are right exercise ( no prob with in construction) and eat right  what I try to do ,but I do cheat once in awhile 👍

Funny we switched suppliers at work and the guys who where doing the switch over asked me one day how you stay in shape so we'll. I said well come work with me for 2 weeks you'll be back in shape 2 I carry ladders around all day long and climb them he's like oh yeah that sounds like a good work out.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #14 on: Aug 07, 2020, 08:49 PM »
Ah, yes!  The "Something Shiny" distraction.............or so my wife tells me.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.