FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: anyone at prompton yet?  (Read 919 times)

chez

anyone at prompton yet?
« on: Mar 29, 2012, 07:24 PM »
heard the callicos are bitting at whiteoak i was wondering if anyone hit prompton yet. i have been getting good gills and some nice perch in the gouldsboro area all shallow lakes though. 5 feet the deepest part.got a few callicos last week.seems the gills are hitting better than anything else.about a month early i think.i ll take them. taste a lot better than those stock trout everyone will be after in two weeks. i go for trout as a tradition. they dont taste bad SMOKED.the native brookies were the best but, you cant find any of any size anymore i throw all the natives back.we use to hit beaver dams in cliffton about 35 years ago 8 were the limit.my dad would only let us take 3.they were some up to 12 inches good eating.fished it and hunted it fof years.they trapped the beavers and broke the dams.that was the end.same thing in tobyhanna.had a few nice beaver dams.same thing.traped the beavers and broke the dams.now they haul peatmoss out of thes places.they were both great duck hunting areas.but thats all over too.changeS**cks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.