FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: 1st Annual Northeast/Northcentral PA Get Together on Walker Lake!  (Read 4809 times)

cooljordan

We are going to have an open water get together just like the ones we have for Ice Shanty at Walker on June 9th. Except this time it will be warm!

Please post if your interested to help get a head count, everyone is welcome. You are welcome to bring your boat or just bring a pole to fish from shore. We plan on having a crappie fry at the end of the day, if we catch any, and a bon fire. Free camping will also be available if anyone decides to bring their tents and spend the night, as we will be on private land.
So far some of the things people volunteered to bring are fresh fish fillets, french fries, hush puppies, and homebrew. Please post and let us know if their is anything you would like to contribute. At this point we could use some plates and plastic ware, paper towels, water, soda, chips, and any other dish or snack you would like to share.

flyboy

count me in, cj.  I'll bring a turkey fryer and some propane.  You better make sure Eyes DT is comming.  That will guarantee that we have a couple of fish to fillet.

In fact,  you should see if eyes would be willing to put on a 1/2 hr  seminar on how to catch crappies.  That would draw a crowd, for sure ??

eyefishermandt

• QUIT WISHIN GO FISHIN! CAPTAIN OF THE F.O.P. TEAM
jeeez i was gonna say the only thing you need now is someone to catch fish cause we sure know you will need them, but dont worry  fly boy right now up there anyone can catch crappie, (yes even you and cool j)!!! fish there are fun to catch but just not the size, as other places...as a matter of fact i was there last evening between the 5 of us we kept 200 in about 5hrs biggest one was 10"(average size was 7") most were spawned out but some do still have eggs, and right now its very muddy and a little higher, but they are laying really tight to the shoreline where there is any brush in the water, had about 25 boats up there lastnight too. so as for giving you lessons this time sorry i cant make it i will be in canada. i just hope you have a good turn out and a great time, and i hope the fish kill waits till after the party as they are already starting to float here and there or its gonna be stinky for sure!! someone might wanna bring some of those masks for the smell till june 9th.  good luck guys have a great time and be safe, D.T.
DONALD T WITMER 111

flyboy

Hey 'eyes

better  check   with   the guys in canada   before you leave.   We are leaving this friday for  northern ontario,  but   as it stands right now,   the  road  going into our camp is closed    due to a big forest fire.  apparenly there are a lot of wildfires    in ontario right now.

They evacuated the village of westree ---  and  thats where our camp is.   Hopefully the camp will still be there when we get there on friday night !

draketrutta

If you don't mind a Coal-Cracker from the Wyoming Valley that likes to drink beer on occaison, I might be in.
Will be using a campsite if I come, and I will bring supplies and food to share.

Let me firm up my schedule - I hope to commit by weeks end.

later

<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

eyefishermandt

hey fly so sorrrrry to hear that but im gonna be in spanish the north channel of lake huron havnt heard anything about there yet!!!! we should be fine though i hope your camp is too!!! i cant even find that on the map what is the closest placed to where you go??? good luck wouldnt mind seeing some pictures when u get back what are ya fishing for??? we fish primarily pike but walleye on the slow days and where we go its not uncommon to get 500plus walleye a day if you fish for them!!!   D.T.
DONALD T WITMER 111

flyboy

its up in the artic watershed about halfway between  sudbury and timmins.  most everything  flows into the james bay from there.

we target walleye, but there are tons of pike up there.  also some lake trout and plenty of smallies :-)

eyefishermandt

thats cool we are about an hour and a half west of sudbury!!! good luck to ya!!
DONALD T WITMER 111

cooljordan

If you don't mind a Coal-Cracker from the Wyoming Valley that likes to drink beer on occaison, I might be in.
Will be using a campsite if I come, and I will bring supplies and food to share.

Let me firm up my schedule - I hope to commit by weeks end.

later

We will be happy to meet you drake!

flyboy

hey fly so sorrrrry to hear that but im gonna be in spanish the north channel of lake huron havnt heard anything about there yet!!!! we should be fine though i hope your camp is too!!! i cant even find that on the map what is the closest placed to where you go??? good luck wouldnt mind seeing some pictures when u get back what are ya fishing for??? we fish primarily pike but walleye on the slow days and where we go its not uncommon to get 500plus walleye a day if you fish for them!!!   D.T.

There is one  set of lakes  we sometimes fish.  It is   almost at the headwaters of the spanish river (Dukes Lake).  Good fishing up there, too. 
--  but  we dont get 500 a day.  Lets see ---   If you count getting  breakfast, travel,  gasing up the boat,  motoring to a spot, making a fire for a shore lunch ,  re-tying and baiting  hooks--  Hmmm --- lets say    we  spent 8 hours  a day with our  bait actually in the water.   That  would be one walleye  every 55 seconds or so.      If you actually had your  bait in the zone for 12 hours a day that  would be a fish every minute and a half ???   Hmmmm ?

No Sir.  I wouldnt say we  got that many.   Sometimes it  takes up  4-5  minutes  to get them in.  sometimes we  get into  pike and it takes longer.    sometimes we are fihing  40+ feet  and it takes a while to bring them up.     Maybe  the water  where you fish is shallower, or the fish   a little smaller.     

eyefishermandt

well where we go let me tell you for one thing we dont need breakfast, another we drive the boat about 100yds and you can sit in one spot all day if you wish or hell for that matter you could just eat your breakfast and fish from the dock, another thing yes the water we fish is shallow, very seldom over 4', our boat is gassed up the night before so we dont have to do that when you shoould be fishing we are on the water by 5 am and its already light out for half an hour and we fish till around 10:30 11pm so that is ample time to get that many walleye... oh yea like ice fishing we dont BAIT HOOKS LMAO, WE USE ALL ARTIFICIAL!!! so no time needed for that roy, also that wasnt per person that was 2 boats 4 guys... and now i know why you are so confused, breakfast, retying, shore lunch, gassing boat hell all we do is FISH, FISH,FISH!!!!  and i didnt say all them walleye were 10lbs plus average of about 18" with plenty over 22" we cant keep any under 22" so there are plenty to go around that are 27-28" not uncommon at all to get your limit of that size!!! so good luck hope you catch something but next time just remember skip breakfast you just might be able to get 10 more fish LMAO!!!!!!   D.T.
DONALD T WITMER 111

flyboy

yep --  the walleye  fishing is a little different  in the lakes we fish.  The  schools move arround a lot.  we wouldnt have a spot where we   could  stay all day in 4 ft and  have the walleye hang there all day.   

They  tend to move off into deeper water   days and they come up shallow  towards dark.    but  shallow for us  is often   deeper than 4 feet.

but  we have time for breakfast  and we usually meet  somewhere  for a shore lunch, maybe an afternoon  siesta,   and then we  go back to fishing.   different  pace.   different  style.  still plenty of fish ( knock on wood),   but 500  is a bit out of our reasonable  expectations.   

The locals  up there are all  good fishermen.    they would   do that well and they know  every spot on every lake we fish :-)

Go getem, eyes,  before everybody finds out about your honey hole :-)

draketrutta

Neither one of you wally-slayers mentioned a bathroom break..

Hardcore fish-heads 4 sure... ;D

<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

eyefishermandt

yep --  the walleye  fishing is a little different  in the lakes we fish.  The  schools move arround a lot.  we wouldnt have a spot where we   could  stay all day in 4 ft and  have the walleye hang there all day.   

They  tend to move off into deeper water   days and they come up shallow  towards dark.    but  shallow for us  is often   deeper than 4 feet.

but  we have time for breakfast  and we usually meet  somewhere  for a shore lunch, maybe an afternoon  siesta,   and then we  go back to fishing.   different  pace.   different  style.  still plenty of fish ( knock on wood),   but 500  is a bit out of our reasonable  expectations.   

The locals  up there are all  good fishermen.    they would   do that well and they know  every spot on every lake we fish :-)

Go getem, eyes,  before everybody finds out about your honey hole :-)   nope no honey hole brennanharbour.com
DONALD T WITMER 111

wigglyworm

Hey Mr. CoolJ,
    My lovely wife said she would be willing to make macaroni salad for the food table. Get in touch with me so we can figure some of the other items out. Please leave everyone know the camping will be in an open field, where ever they would like to pitch a tent. If someone wants to haul in a camper we can fit any size camper as long as they can haul them in. We do not have any electric available, if it is needed someone would need to bring a generator. Canopies would be a plus, I have a 10x10 we can set up and I have some tables we can use. If there are any questions you can think of let me know.
Talk to ya later.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.