FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: chena bait  (Read 2710 times)

fishingfreak

chena bait
« on: Nov 26, 2020, 03:19 PM »
Has anybody ever used chena bait?  I seen it on mid west outdoors and want to try it.  It looks good for ice fishing too.  I ordered some on line but I am goin to hit the lake this weekend, does anybody know where you can buy in NW Indiana?  thanks

abishop

Re: chena bait
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2020, 10:28 PM »
Never heard of it. Must be new. Who makes it chena?

fishingfreak

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2020, 12:35 AM »
I am not sure who makes it.  It is advertised on mid west outdoors  It comes in a roll and you cut a small part and when you put in the water it becomes softer.  They claim fish love it and it is hard for the fish to get it off the hook so you dont have to re bait all the  time  I am sure it is not the beat all but I am going fishing and want to try it.  You can google it or look at mid west outdoors.   I was hoping to buy it locally so I could try it this weekend

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2020, 02:20 PM »
The hardest part is locating the fish not the bait you use. At least that's my experience.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2020, 08:17 AM »
it has been a belief, of many in the know, over the years, that the locating is 70% of it.  I have found that to be a pretty good observation myself.  one could argue that its really 100%, if you don't find any. lol

My wife still makes fun of a statement made by an professional angler I told her about: "The fish are either in the shallows, the deep, or something in between."  She's like well yeah! I think the guy's name was Don Dixon?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

RoeBoat

« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2020, 10:49 AM »
Buck Perry claimed "deep water is home to the fish".  I'm not sure, I fish in my mind more than anywhere else.  They are much easier to find when I stick my livescope in the water to look around.  It doesn't always put them in the boat though.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2020, 10:14 AM »
Last time I fished with you Tim I thought it was like fishing in a barrel!

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2020, 11:02 AM »
that's because I was on them pretty steady at the time.  and you had a mission to accomplish so I was serious. lol it sure did make my day watching you get the hog.  by the way, have you fished in the crappie pond to see whats alive still?  you should get your cross pollination this time.

I have not fished it or seen any sign of the whites, nor the blacks I picked up from Skinner Lake. Water is gin clear but I know they are hanging out down in the Chara. Amazing how well fish can hide.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.