FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: crappie  (Read 3171 times)

jmasotto

crappie
« on: Aug 08, 2004, 09:59 PM »
whats you fav way to prepare it?

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
Re: crappie
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2004, 05:37 AM »
Crushed pretzels with some Lowrys added to the egg batter.

bigdave1018

« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2004, 07:38 AM »
cut into small scallop sized pieces, shaker bag or bowl with just flour and what ever seasonings you like,peanut or canola oil in a sauce pan, high heat or till water bounces off the hot oil, handful of fillets, when they are done,they float like fries. i mix up equal parts of catsup and french salad dressing along with 2 spoon fuls of raw horseradish and man im in heaven.. i use very little salt and black pepper. its quick and easy and its SO GOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

archbishop

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 01:19 PM »
i use a flour/adobo mix and toss in the deep fryer mmm

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #4 on: Jun 02, 2005, 07:36 PM »
Anybody here have crappie fillet tips? We find them quite hard to fillet. I usually just take off the heads and guts, skin and scale them and cut off all the fins.

bobberstop

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2005, 01:51 PM »
Filet em just like you do a bluegill. EASY                            Ron
Bobberstop

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com [url=http://www.myhuntingforum.com

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #6 on: Jun 09, 2005, 02:51 PM »
Anybody here have crappie fillet tips? We find them quite hard to fillet. I usually just take off the heads and guts, skin and scale them and cut off all the fins.

like bobberstop said fillet them just like a gill, i actully find them easir to fillet than gills and perch
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 08, 2005, 09:29 PM »
Take the fillets and put in a preheated oven or toaster oven to 450 , put squeeze butter in tray all over fish then get either a lemon or orange and squeeze the juice and seeds onto the fish then put your favorite chicken spice on the fish. Cook for 15 minutes or until fish turns white and sides start to curl up. IT is sooooooo good.

gill
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.