FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any one been fishing?  (Read 6446 times)

BlueDuck

Any one been fishing?
« on: May 07, 2008, 10:30 AM »
This forum is sure slow.  There must be someone getting out......   Im hoping to get out this afternoon.

bearsfan

Re: Any one been fishing?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 07:15 PM »
Not in a couple weeks, been doing some yard work and now the mushrooms are coming out. I would like to try for some smallies on the Pend real soon.

bearsfan

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 12:36 AM »
Camped at Brush Lake for four days and got a few trout and a few largemouths nothing of any size. The excitement for the weekend was the bluegills, lot's of big fighting bluegills. It was great fun.

BlueDuck

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 08:11 AM »
I fished Brush Lake on Sun.  Got a limit of trout and a couple of those big Blue Gills.   Next time Im going to target them.  I parked my motorhome at my brothers in Moyie Springs for the summer (can't afford to drive it, the way gas prices are).  Ill fish those northern waters quite a bit this summer......

bearsfan

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:38 PM »
We got a few of those gills on a crankbait trolling, I've never caught a bluegill on a crankbait before. Hey, so do you know if catfishing on Coccollala is anygood? Someone told me there were some in there. I love to fish at night for them.

BlueDuck

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 08:51 AM »
I have heard from several people that Cocolalla catfishing was real good.  I have always been going to try it, but haven't.  Maybe this summer.   Heard of several 15 pounders coming out of there.  Actually saw a kid catch one 15 pounds out in the middle trolling with his dad.  I don't know what he was using but he wasn't fishing for catfish.  Also walked down to where a woman was shore fishing and she had two cats.  Both around 4 to 5 pounds.   They are in there for sure...

bearsfan

« Reply #6 on: Jun 01, 2008, 11:30 AM »
That's good to hear about the cat's, it's always fun to fish for them. We fished Dennick and Bloom yesterday. Kept one trout from Dennick, we threw all sorts of stuff at them but only caught one and missed a few others. When I cleaned it it was just full of carpenter ants. There are some good sized cutthroats in there. We were going to go today but it looks like it will rain all day.

BlueDuck

« Reply #7 on: Jun 08, 2008, 01:55 PM »
No one been out?   Sure quiet in here...   The crappie span is in full swing.   Got another bucket full the other day between rain storms.   Lets hear some fish stories....

bearsfan

« Reply #8 on: Jun 10, 2008, 09:20 PM »
I'm about ready to get the shanty back out. :tipup: I figure soon as it warms up again the fishing is just going to be crazy. Good luck!

BlueDuck

« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2008, 08:23 AM »
Caught a nice bucket of crappie yesterday on upper twin.   Brought home 35.  Mostly 9" with some going 10".  Could have caught all you wanted.  That was enough for me.    Probably going to hit Brush lake Sat.   

I thought the Idaho Forum on the shanty was slow.   You would think, with all the lakes and rivers and people fishing in this state there would be more action on here.........   

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #10 on: Jun 29, 2008, 09:22 PM »
got out for bass this morning could've been better, but got a bunch still.

pete_fish

« Reply #11 on: Jul 07, 2008, 07:53 PM »
crappie are what the name suggests CRAP

BlueDuck

« Reply #12 on: Jul 10, 2008, 05:24 PM »
Sad lack of action on this forum.   A great fishing state like Idaho should do better...   Who would have thunk it.

bearsfan

« Reply #13 on: Jul 24, 2008, 07:45 PM »
Hey hey hey. Well heres my report for the past month. Relatives every weekend. Been gettting a good amount of cutthraots at Dennick, bass has been good at walsh and bloom. Summer will be quiet from here on out so long we don't have any more visitors. Good luck to all.

BlueDuck

« Reply #14 on: Jul 27, 2008, 02:39 PM »
Brought home 35 crappie and 2 trout  today from upper Twin.   Trapped a big bunch of crawdads last week out of the Clark Fork.   Its been a good summer......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.