MFF US Northeast > New York

old f--ts with flyrods

(1/793) > >>

trapper2000:
this thread  is  dedicated  to  the old buzzards  flyfishing , flie tying and  beer  (heineken ,labatts, rolling rock only!) were old , were grumpy , and  we just wanna fish and  shoot the breeze

Gamma Fish:

--- Quote from: trapper2000 on Jun 08, 2010, 09:06 AM ---this thread  is  dedicated  to  the old buzzards  flyfishing , flie tying and  beer  (heineken ,labatts, rolling rock only!) were old , were grumpy , and  we just wanna fish and  shoot the breeze

--- End quote ---
You can take "Gas X" for that problem  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

1fish@atime:
Does it mean your old if on the second cast your fly disintegrates???
More often these days my fly is just open....
Pass the beer....

oatkasut:
You were reading my mind, what's left of it! My buddies and I (I'm the younin' at 69) just spent 6 days in Shinhopple(Roscoe/Downsville,NY) fly fishing, drinking and playing poker. (we did stop to eat and sleep.)
did my personal best landing 35 browns to 22 inches, mostly on dries, olive caddis,#16, Adams and pAdams,#16 to# 20, and gold beaded nymphs, both Hares ear and pheasent tail. Water was low but fishable. The East branch of the Delaware at Shinhopple was perfect at 50-53 degrees all week with good hatches. Got the bigger fish the the Willow and did ok in the Beaverkill. The 'kill was warm with measured temps in evening as high as 76. Tried to avoid that nightmare!I loved fishing a tandem rig with a #14 Rapidan as the strike indicator, dry fly and a gold beaded hare's ear as the nymph,size 16. Got fish on both flies, but the nymph outcaught the dry 4:1. Stayed at the Prpacton Cabins on the East Branch in Shinhopple. Great place, cabin, kitchen bath, beds and heat  right on the banks of the stream! Even won at poker!Everyone fly fished and got some!Should have fished a streamer, wooley bugger or muddler minnow but I just love my dries!Hatches included the black caddis, sulfurs, BWO, canuta, midges. Tight lines and enjoy a treasure!

trapper2000:
i have  fished  that section myself!  sounds like you had a  great time ! i am addicted to the dry  myself  i think it's seeing the rise  that does it,  nice area good friends and fish ....love is good ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version