FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: benewah  (Read 5791 times)

sticksandstring

benewah
« on: Mar 17, 2011, 04:06 PM »
went out to benewah lake last weekend and fished for 3 hours. got one 8 inch crappie. gave up on fishing and started looking for treasures on the shore line. found a nice 4 foot fishing pole for the kid. it surprisingly cleaned up. also found 2 pairs of sun glasses, half a craw fish cage, and a pole holder for my boat

fishslayerX

Re: benewah
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2011, 06:19 PM »
Is their any ice on the Bwa have not been down their yet this year were you fishing off the bridge or bank try the bridge for crappie it will heat up pretty soon.

sticksandstring

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2011, 12:09 PM »
was fishing the bridge, no ice, it has to be my favorite spot to fish for bass and crappie, the perch should also be picking up soon. which means the pick will also. fish it a lot with my boat when the weeds are not to bad

fishslayerX

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2011, 08:31 PM »
when it is weedy I creep up in their with a weedless worm rig no weight in my kayak and it is pretty awesome only made it out their once last year I fish the north end of the lake a  lot and have a tons of luck. do you ever fish Hipton or turtle by st.maries or swan they all rock.

sticksandstring

« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2011, 03:19 PM »
HAVENT FISHED ANY OF THE OTHER LAKES, WANTED TO TRY ICE FISHING TURTLE BUT NEVER HAVE GOTTEN THE CHANCE. FISH THE ST MARIES RIVER A LOT, BENEWAH LAKE, CDA LAKE, AND DOWRSHACK IN THE SUMMER TIME. WOULD LIKE TO TRY SOME OF THE SMALLER CHAIN LAKES, LIKE CAVE OR BLACK

fishslayerX

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2011, 08:06 PM »
Cave and black are killer for bass and pike also anderson and tomson turtle is good when the st joe floods and fills it back up with fish do you live in st maries

sticksandstring

« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2011, 10:52 AM »
YEA I LIVE IN ST MARIES BUT HAVE ONLY BEEN HEAR A COUPLE OF YEAR SO STILL TRYING TO FIND THE GOOD SPOTS ;D

fishslayerX

« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2011, 11:52 AM »
That is cool I live in post falls but have fished all over north ID for the last 22years I can tell you a lot about fishing in the st maries area. You are in one of the best spots for fishing around. Have you fished the St. Joe yet it is my favorite spot to fish. Do you have a boat or Kayak if so their are some awesome Pike and Bass fishing spots around if you need any advice I will try to put you on the fish.

sticksandstring

« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2011, 12:38 PM »
I HAVE A BOAT, USE IT QUITE A BIT ON THE RIVERS AND LAKES. PROBEBLY EVERY WEEK END

fishslayerX

« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2011, 02:05 PM »
I would get that boat out on benawah end of may it is pretty good april may for pike bobbers and smelt or rappalas

sticksandstring

« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2011, 08:31 PM »
yea ive hooked into a lot of pike there bass fishing. my older brother has never caught a pike before and he well be up this spring to try to hook in to one

riske

« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2011, 09:34 PM »
Fishslayer has some good info.  But if the ice is gone dont wait. I have caught alot of fish right after ice out.  Sometimes even in Feb in warm winters.  Blue creekbay is great for size, along with Squaw. Cugar is over rated and you will have to battle fish.  I never use a bobber unless Iam at Killarny.  Killarny is good for numbes if there is water there but they really never are very big.  the trick to smelt dunking is kinda like fishing a tip up.  Leave your bail open.  they dont like the resistance of the drag or pole. Let them run and wait cuz they like to drop the bait and swing back around to get them head first. 

sticksandstring

« Reply #12 on: Mar 23, 2011, 03:34 PM »
TODAY WOULD BE A GREAT DAY TO HAVE THAT BOAT OUT THERE

fishslayerX

« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2011, 08:33 PM »
Yea Riske has some very good advice their but my luck sucks this early. I would go for a small shallow lake if i was out this early, try turtle if you can get your boat into it, or swan rose something like them and good luck.

sticksandstring

« Reply #14 on: Apr 19, 2011, 12:17 PM »
ANYBODY BEEN OUT LATLEY BRAVING THE COLD RAIN WIND AND SNOW?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.