FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quite the Symphony...  (Read 2018 times)

LundProv

Quite the Symphony...
« on: Jan 18, 2023, 09:28 PM »
Good evening friends...  January 18th and over 40 degrees and tomorrow is going to be mid 40's...  Caught up on a few tasks that needed attention and then it was time to launch.  I decided to fish the back yard lake today for a few hours and with the proper clothing, it felt pretty good out there.  I basically fished small bays that were about 8' in depth.  I threw the lure named after me... the jerk bait -- from Rapala, in perch color.  Production was minimal with just two large mouth coming my way but one was right at 20" and pretty chunky.  What I found to be remarkable were the number of birds flying and moving around and singing.  You would have thought there was an audition of some kind going on as the volume was overwhelming.  There was very little wind and just moving along with the trolling motor at low speed and listening to this symphony was incredible.  Another remarkable thing was the clarity of the water.  This lake goes through periods where the water can get pretty murky but today, I was consistently seeing the bottom with clarity in 12' of water.  It was fun to see old stumps and underwater structure but it was also depressing to see the amount of trash -- unreal...  One thing I am going back for is what appears to be a complete bimini top, frame and all, laying on the bottom in about 12' of water.  I don't know the width but it just might be adaptable to my 16' Lund fishing boat or maybe not.  I will at least get it out of the lake. With tomorrow being in the mid 40's, it might be a good day to hit the mouth of the Ditch for who knows what...  Coho? Browns? Lakers? Whitefish? Burbot?...  I would encourage you to get out and enjoy this beautiful creation...

bigr

Re: Quite the Symphony...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2023, 04:55 AM »
Good report lund. I enjoy hearing natures song also.

BBLoon

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2023, 08:29 AM »
Thanks, Lund. Your words always illicit pictures. Good luck with the bimini.👍

rivereddy

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2023, 07:08 AM »
We seem to have a few confused birds here as well. Yesterday I heard robins, wrens, and cardinals
making spring songs.  We even had a few moths flying around the night lights as well.

fish on,

rivereddy

abishop

« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2023, 12:36 PM »
Had a couple stink bugs show up.

bigr

« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:32 AM »
Listening for the song of spring. Won't be long i hope.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2023, 10:36 AM »

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2023, 03:12 PM »
Where you live Dom, that's about the best spring you will see for a bit.

lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.