FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Mattawa in Orange  (Read 1115 times)

taxid

Lake Mattawa in Orange
« on: Jun 01, 2018, 12:21 AM »
I may be staying at an airbnb on Lake Mattawa in Orange later in June for 10 days. Will also be renting a boat on Quabbin for fishing too as I can't launch my kayak on Quabbin for obvious reasons.

Anyway, have read the published description on the lake and the fish present but wanted to know what you guys think? It supposed to hold over trout. Water quality looks very good and although there are homes on the lake it does't appear to be too over developed. I like the 10 hp. limit!

Thoughts?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

stripernut

Re: Lake Mattawa in Orange
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2018, 04:28 AM »
Nice lake nice area, most of the pressure it gets is the power bait soakers... For me, most of my trout fishing is in the local rivers...

Baitbucket

« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2018, 05:24 AM »
Fished is a couple times in kayak tourneys. The stock it with rainbows and brown trout, both of which i have caught from my yak. I have also caught Large mouth and Small Mouth bass, but nothing of size. If you intend to target trout, trolling the middle area where it drops off is often a good way to start.

PS.. My offer for the Quabbin trip is still open if you want to save some $$.

CMD1987

« Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2018, 06:16 AM »
Good trout fishing hole. No guarantees obviously, but definitely holdovers in there, prolly want to target them down about 25-30 feet this time of year. Some decent smallies too.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jun 01, 2018, 10:21 AM »
Thanks guys. Turns out I had the wrong lake although Lake Mattawa is not far away. Turns out the cottage is on private Packard pond. The only information I can find is Packard Pond is it's 35 acres but allows water skiiing?  Jeeze I can't image boats flying around on a 35 acre lake! But perhaps they have set hours which would make it better. That said it would be more of a home base so I may spring for it. And vs. camping I have a kitchen to use which will allow me to make my own meals etc.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Jun 01, 2018, 10:22 AM »
Fished is a couple times in kayak tourneys. The stock it with rainbows and brown trout, both of which i have caught from my yak. I have also caught Large mouth and Small Mouth bass, but nothing of size. If you intend to target trout, trolling the middle area where it drops off is often a good way to start.

PS.. My offer for the Quabbin trip is still open if you want to save some $$.

P.M. sent.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Jun 01, 2018, 11:11 PM »
Well I decided I'm camping instead of the airbnb for various reasons.  ;D. Need that wifi and I need the flexibility of camping vs. being locked into an Airbnb due to a family member that has some health issues. Also more economical. Looks like it will be the KOA in Littleton.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.