FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quabbin Trip  (Read 792 times)

westernmas

Quabbin Trip
« on: Jun 24, 2021, 03:27 PM »
Buddy and I decided to rent a boat for Quabbin back in late May.  We got to the launch pretty early, like 515 and were about 10th in line.  The day almost started off as a disaster as I was not aware that the DCR was no longer issuing flotation devices with the rentals.  My buddy had thrown his in with his tackle so it was looking like he was going to rent the boat and I'd join him later.  Luckily a gentleman in line pulled a couple strings and he knew someone that had an unused one in the parking lot.  I tried to give the guy $20 at the end of the day for saving me a huge hassle but he refused to accept the offer.

The weather was beautiful and we explored a lot of the lake (we went out of gate 43).  The smallies were on beds so finding them was relatively easy in the clear water.  We tried not to fish directly over beds but sometimes it was too tempting.  We ended up landing over 30 fish, with most coming on tube jigs or senkos, for whatever reason I couldn't seem to get them to hit a jerkbait.  The largest was just shy of 4lbs and most were in the 2lb range.  Every time I go up there I promise I'm going to fish it more frequently yet here I am finally writing about the trip a month later.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

stripernut

Re: Quabbin Trip
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2021, 07:57 PM »
Good Time!

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2021, 09:02 PM »
Nice fish, awesome pix!

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2021, 06:24 AM »
Good Time!

Beautiful fish! I've fished out Gate 43 a few times later in June for bluegills on the beds of all things. Healthy large fish on panfish jigs hard to reel in they were so strong.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2021, 07:52 AM »
Thanks guys!  Tough to beat that place.  I should add, having a trolling motor for the rental was huge.  Starting those motors over and over gets old quick.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.