MFF US Midwest > Indiana

Erie trip

(1/1)

Spooled85:
Well I made my first trip with a buddy and the wife to go to lake Erie we left early Saturday morning planning on being there around noon just because there was supposed to be 10 ft waves on the lake with 40 mile-an-hour gusts.we got there about that time and the lake was rough so we ate lunch and ended up fishing Sandusky Bay for a few hours with one 10 pound or so drum that my buddy caught. We got up at 4:30 a.m. Sunday ended up being on the water by five the lake was a perfect walleye chop we finished our butts off trying to pick one up. We started off trolling using different tactics and different speeds and could never connect there was lots of boats out we seen about four or five actually land a fish.we was told by locals that they got about 5 inches of rain last week along with two days of 8 to 10 ft waves we marked a lot of fish but just no takers.still had a great time and will definitely be back the weather was beautiful Sunday and did in the trip with a buddy catching another giant drum , all in all had a good time and a good learning experience. Thanks to those on here that was kind enough to PM me and give me certent information!

abishop:
Erie is always tough with the waves this time of year. That 20 foot Alaskan Lund probably handled fine. Better luck next time.

Spooled85:
Ya she handled the waves great ! Yep I'm more knowledgeable now and know what I need to do now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version