FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Musky huntin'  (Read 5795 times)

Powerworm

• There's One!
Musky huntin'
« on: Mar 01, 2004, 08:29 PM »
I got rained out of work today. Went out and chucked some cranks. No follows, but I hit a rock at one point and gave myself the shakes.

river scum

• fishin is livin
Re: Musky huntin'
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2004, 05:05 PM »
yo worm
 were you hunt muskies bro? i prowel loon, ball and webster.

hillbilly hank

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2004, 12:31 PM »
is the water to cold fer them muskies ? itchin to go to webster. drove by yeserday it had white cap waves on it and rainin/snowin looked like good muskie fishin weather to me....

Powerworm

• There's One!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2004, 10:27 PM »
Anywhere I can. I have fished them all, but Ball and Brookville.  Hank I don't really know. I went twice last week south of Indy and didn't see a thing. I have never started this early though I usually wait until it warms up a while and fish until ice up. I like to leave them alone in case they do actually try to spawn here in any of these Indiana lakes. This year I can't help myself I am fishing lakes with stocked tigers. They believe they are sterile so who cares if they try to spawn.  Plus I have never caught a tiger muskie and I want a picture of me holding one big ole beautiful fat one. 

hillbilly hank

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2004, 06:28 AM »
i hear tigers fight better than a muskie

sammy

« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2004, 09:42 AM »
Powerworm,
 I just got the latest survey done by DNR  in 2003 and 2004 for the Driftwood SFA. Its got some very interesting facts in it.
 The tiger muskie are not stocked there anymore. Beginning in 1997 they went totally to stocking the pure-bred strain of muskie.
 Between 1983 to 1996 a total of 7,227 tiger muskie where stocked into Plover and Sandpiper pits.
 From 1997 to 2002 a total of 3,216 pure-bred muskie where stocked into these same two pits.
 Looks like the larg'est they sampled was 38.5 inch'es long and wieghed 13 lbs. From the DNR statistics this was a seven year old fish.
 It does go on to say that anglers did report catching one muskie that was 42.5 inch'es long.
 The report was done by Mr. Larry L. Lehman, Fishing Biologist. He just sent this to me yesterday, and if you like, contact him and i'm sure he'll send you a copy of it to.
 Good Luck with your muskie hunting !!!!
Maybe i'll see ya over there sometime.

river scum

• fishin is livin
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2004, 01:57 PM »
you should try ball worm. i have had some nice days there with a oversized white bass spinner!

Powerworm

• There's One!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2004, 09:51 PM »
Hey thanks, Sam, if you notice in my post I tryed not to mention where "south of Indy" I was fishing.  I wanted to keep it all to myself because its so small and close to Indy, but now that the cat is out of the bag give me some more info. I know you hooked up with a big one last year. I saw the same report on the Dnr site.  Its in the survey section. They spelled Plover as Plotter.  I know they are there I just haven't seen any yet. Twitching Crankbaits isn't working.   

sammy

« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2004, 09:58 AM »
 Well heck,
Sorry about letting the cat out of the bag. I wasn't sure just which place you where refering to. There is another lake also that has them stocked in southern Indiana.
 Heres an interesting article you might want to check out:
http://www.state.in.us/dnr/fishwild/fish/fishing/muskie.htm

Powerworm

• There's One!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:51 AM »
Any one been out yet. I'd like to here some reports.

Powerworm

• There's One!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:55 AM »
Check out this message board frequented by local guide and buck tail tyer Ralph Florio http://www.fishinfo.com/cgi-bin/board.cgi?az=list&forum=ForumID45&conf=ConfID13

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.