FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Edmonton/Red Deer - Shore fish and boat rental??  (Read 5151 times)

jason22

Edmonton/Red Deer - Shore fish and boat rental??
« on: May 13, 2012, 06:47 PM »
Hey new to Edmonton and wondering where some good spots are for some shore fishing?  I have been to the NSR once, going to hit that more this year.  Any other suggestions?  Also any places around Red Deer for good fishing? 
Any good lakes that have boat rentals as well around Edmonton and Red Deer?  Thanks

swampy45

• country boy
Re: Edmonton/Red Deer - Shore fish and boat rental??
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 04:22 PM »
Not sure about boat rentals, but most places you go around Edmonton have great shore fishing. The NSR and Pembina River are great choices, and for lakes, Muir Lake west of Edmonton offers great trout early in the year. After that it gets a little weedy. Most lakes around here can be accessed at shore and as long as you know what you're doing you can usually catch fish. Wabamun is a personal favourite of mine.
bike, fish, bike, fish...

jason22

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 12:57 PM »
Hey swampy, at Wabaman you usually go off the dock there at the boat launch?  Or is there some other good sports for some good shore fishing with good access? 
New to the area so I just ice fished Wab this year, fished right out from the boat launch, and also at Seba is where I ice fished. 

swampy45

• country boy
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 06:58 PM »
The dock in the town of Wabamun and Seba Beach both offer the chance to hook some pike. I won't lie, if you've got a boat it helps, but isn't essential
bike, fish, bike, fish...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.