FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Flock  (Read 13765 times)

gotagetm

Re: The Flock
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2022, 12:11 PM »
Man....could of left it alone , when I did guide rail mere onoville along allegany river there were a lot stop poles

gotagetm

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2022, 12:12 PM »
A top poles

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2022, 12:21 PM »
There’s a nesting platform on a pole  above the bridge going into Raquette with a nesting pair..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2022, 02:30 PM »
Yeah, I’m really disappointed.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2022, 05:26 AM »
Well, the power company ( I assume) destroyed the nest and placed two orange cones atop the pole. I would have preferred they place a platform on top to help them rather than evict them.

Even left the pile of branches and sticks at the base of the pole. Stinks! Would have been a joy to watch and a nice addition to my Nestwatch Project.

Bob you may want to get in touch with DEC my understanding it it's illegal to remove a nest they started possible they are going to come back and build a platform.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2022, 06:33 AM »
Under a buddy’s feeders right now…

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2022, 04:21 PM »
I’ll take that tail and skin if he just happens to expire.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2022, 06:04 PM »
Nice way to put it...."Expire" 👍😁

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2022, 06:09 PM »
Don’t know if it’s the same one but had one cross the road in front of me two weeks ago but a mile down the hill..

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #69 on: Jun 11, 2022, 02:44 PM »
Boy I’m upset a cow bird laid an egg in my fly catchers nest right outside my basement door.  I knew there were 5 eggs in there but that was by feel.  Can’t see in the nest to tell.  But I came home yesterday to this stupid thing and 4 broken eggs..,,; >:( >:(

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #70 on: Jun 11, 2022, 06:27 PM »
They’re nature’s interlopers.

Johnnh

« Reply #71 on: Jun 11, 2022, 06:46 PM »
We had a cow bird deposit an egg in a nuthatch nest at one of our offices in NH. When they hatched there was 4 or 5 baby nuhatches and 1 cow bird  chick. The cow bird chick was at least 4 or 5 times the size of the nuthatches. The mom nuthatch was very busy trying to feed the cow bird chick.

We named the cow bird chick MONGO after Alex Karras in Blazing Saddles

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #72 on: Jun 12, 2022, 08:41 AM »
Part of our golf course fertilizer factory.

They’re all over the course.

gotagetm

« Reply #73 on: Jun 12, 2022, 03:01 PM »
Pollution factories for small ponds ! Growing up we had 50 white geese in or pond cause my dad thought was nice....try and swim in there and stand up almost knee deep in there crap in pond

fishinator

« Reply #74 on: Jun 12, 2022, 05:46 PM »
Part of our golf course fertilizer factory.

They’re all over the course.
  don't you just love flinging goose crap all over with the mower tires?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.