FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Flock  (Read 13755 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Flock
« Reply #90 on: Nov 25, 2022, 03:08 PM »
Just got a 2 lb bag of meal worms for our bluebirds. $32…..and that was cheap….comparatively.

Still think I should be able to claim them as dependents on my taxes.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #91 on: Feb 15, 2023, 05:02 AM »
Spring is getting close here. I was at my daughter's yesterday waiting for the school bus. 55 degrees and sunny. There were several starlings on the roof and barns that were singing up a storm claiming their nest site. [ I've been noticing the birds singing at home in the mornings too. A couple pairs of ducks flew by, but the best show was the pair of Bald Eagles that circled and danced with each other for 20 minutes over her house. In my 70 years I have never seen such an open winter along with nature waking up early too. Hopefully the woodchuck blew the call and spring is just around the corner.

nh3fitter

« Reply #92 on: Feb 15, 2023, 11:32 AM »
Here in Henrietta I had a big fat robin in my yard yesterday. And went to my camp Monday in Allegany co. and saw several dead skunks on the road skunks out and about is always a sign of spring

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #93 on: Feb 15, 2023, 11:42 AM »
Yeah, robins and dead skunks all over here. Robins are traveling with the starlings. Haven’t seen other early spring arrivals like red wings or white capped sparrows. Bluebirds aren’t interested in the nest box yet.

They may be a lot smarter than we are.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

wallyworld

« Reply #94 on: Feb 15, 2023, 02:35 PM »
Red winged blackbirds showed up here a couple days ago, grackles too.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #95 on: Feb 15, 2023, 08:53 PM »
Some robins have braved the winter here, seen one out at work the other day at 10 below. No other sign of spring here, looks to he 20 below tonight. Have not seen a starling yet though.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #96 on: Feb 10, 2024, 08:57 AM »
Sure seems I’m not going through a lot of seed this winter.
 Not a lot of birds.. :(
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

wallyworld

« Reply #97 on: Feb 10, 2024, 10:08 AM »
Same here except the starlings are back now in droves  :cursing:

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #98 on: Feb 10, 2024, 10:40 AM »
I don’t get starlings but a lot of blue jays. They make a mess. Usually I have 3 of 4 pairs of cardinals but this year there few and far in between..
 Even the chickadee population seems down..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #99 on: Feb 10, 2024, 12:24 PM »

Saw flocks of crows , and the trash pandas are out of hibernation again

62 & Done

« Reply #100 on: Feb 10, 2024, 07:09 PM »
Raquette we have about the same results at our feeder.  I think the easy weather has allowed the birds to find vittles where they feel most comfortable.  I have a couple hawks hanging around also.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #101 on: Feb 11, 2024, 05:49 AM »
The vultures in Letchworth park are back or they never left. Starlings are pairing off already. I'm still waiting for the Hairy woodpecker to start hammering on my stove pipe. He's been here the last 6 years.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #102 on: Feb 11, 2024, 07:52 AM »
Was watching the geese on the canal this morning while walking. They’re pairing up and getting very territorial.
Seems way too early to me.

wallyworld

« Reply #103 on: Feb 11, 2024, 05:08 PM »
Red winged blackbirds showed up today  :o

catfisher

• Born to fish
« Reply #104 on: Feb 14, 2024, 09:46 AM »
  This is a flock! All youngsters.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com