FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Thoughts  (Read 3384 times)

iceman260

Re: Thoughts
« Reply #15 on: Jul 16, 2020, 06:41 AM »
Mac when you feel the time is right don't hesitate you and only you will know when the time is right. I have been retired for eight years and never regretted it a day. I was in the steam plant operations,boiler operator and distribution some how they got along without me. To many of my friends never got to enjoy this part of life. You will make the right choice when it's time for you.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #16 on: Jul 16, 2020, 06:43 AM »
Had plenty of time to think yesterday. Sounds like you and Donna have your "ducks" in row. I think we all believe "how will they get along without me"? As long as you are ready, go for it and enjoy it. I just wish you well and hope you find some free time to fish....lol...h2l

Mac Attack

« Reply #17 on: Jul 16, 2020, 07:38 AM »
EVERYONE is dispensable.
Everyone!!!

I lost a job after 25 yrs.
It was devastating, but I managed to live.
I also learned a lot from losing that job.

I love my job.
A lot.
I also work from home.
That really helps.
The service work is what is tougher to do these days.
I have a crew and I'm training them.
So the jobsite work is getting less frequent.
And when I'm there, it's only in a supervisory position.

The plan is to retire next year late summer or early fall.
But Donna isn't 100% sure she wants to do it then.
She thinks she will want to go one more year.
She loves her job too BTW.

So if she stays, I might as well stay too.
But I will probably negotiate something more or something less for that last year.
We'll see.
I have time.

In a bit I'm heading to the marina to pick up the boat and haul it out to the lake.
I'll work from there the rest of today and tomorrow.
And next week we are both on vacation out there................practicing for retirement.
 8)

Also, thanks for all the kind words.
Even you Greg.   ;)

deerhunter

« Reply #18 on: Jul 16, 2020, 08:07 AM »
retire. ha. whats that. 73 and still working. wife won't let me retire. can't afford it. shoulda saved more when I was young. you younger guys out there, if you can do it put away as much as you can. im in the cryogenics business 

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: Jul 16, 2020, 09:29 AM »
retire. ha. whats that. 73 and still working. wife won't let me retire. can't afford it. shoulda saved more when I was young. you younger guys out there, if you can do it put away as much as you can. im in the cryogenics business

I have been Bill! Now shifting out of stocks and into real estate to fund those dreams.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #20 on: Jul 17, 2020, 05:06 AM »
EVERYONE is dispensable.
Everyone!!!

Also, thanks for all the kind words.
Even you Greg.   ;)
8)
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #21 on: Jul 17, 2020, 05:16 AM »
Hard to let go.  Your career is what defines you. It's more than a "job".  It's the super hero outfit you put on every working day that proves your relevance in the world and to society.  You can quit a job, takes a bit of a process to let go of a career.  You'll find your way and time......or the time and way will find you.  In the end that's the choice you have to make.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Jul 17, 2020, 03:51 PM »
Mac, I'm with you. I'm a couple months away from 59 and seriously thinking of early retirement if they give me a good early out deal. I've spent 43 years in this industry (production machining) and it has changed so much through the years that I can't remember what I loved about it. They have me stuck in quality now in a huge corporation and I seriously want out. Probably won't retire completely but I never really planned to. Maybe I'll sell sea shells by the sea shore or something. I spent last week removing the old railing from my deck (it's a really big deck) and reinsulating my attic. I can barely walk right now. Takes me a few minutes to get going after I stand up, a couple herniated disks from my glory days. Now I gotta pressure wash the deck, stain and seal and build a new railing not to mention sheet rocking the d**n attic. I figure I'll be in a wheelchair by the time I finish. Got me thinking. Maybe I should sell this dump and retire while I can still walk.

Not to go off topic but I have the option of removing my old decking etc. and staining too. The wife and I are going to hire someone to replace all of it except the stringers and support posts with a poly deck. I'm tired of power washing and staining. I already have to do it on my log home every 5 to 10 years.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mac Attack

« Reply #23 on: Jul 17, 2020, 04:48 PM »
Not to go off topic but I have the option of removing my old decking etc. and staining too. The wife and I are going to hire someone to replace all of it except the stringers and support posts with a poly deck. I'm tired of power washing and staining. I already have to do it on my log home every 5 to 10 years.

Yup you did.

taxid

« Reply #24 on: Jul 17, 2020, 09:30 PM »
Yup you did.

Spider1 did it first!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #25 on: Jul 19, 2020, 08:09 AM »
Did you get out on the lake Mac?

Mac Attack

« Reply #26 on: Jul 19, 2020, 08:48 AM »
Did you get out on the lake Mac?

I did.
Runs great but now the fuel gage didn’t work.
Go over to my thread in boats to see the pics and more info

Thanks

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #27 on: Jul 20, 2020, 05:19 PM »
Need I say more?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

zwiggles

« Reply #28 on: Jul 20, 2020, 05:30 PM »
Need I say more?

Rg

This ^

Maybe it’s been a long week/month/pandemic at work, but the moment I “can” retire you will see me doing the same thing rg is... this working thing is for the birds.

Don’t wait too long Mac, we only get one shot at this thing, and I think we might as well spend it fishing.

filetandrelease

« Reply #29 on: Jul 20, 2020, 06:23 PM »
Need I say more?
Rg
Not at all ,but I’ve only been retired 6 years

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.