FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any Good Recipes For Smoked Fish?  (Read 2999 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Any Good Recipes For Smoked Fish?
« on: Jun 25, 2018, 04:53 AM »
I want to try smoking some light fish like crappie, bass or walleye. Anyone got a recipe?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Any Good Recipes For Smoked Fish?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2018, 04:52 PM »
Hello?

Buller.......Buller.......?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2018, 05:02 PM »
Got nuttin for ya.. :-\
Hope to try my first chicken soon.   Bought 4 , whole , butchered and clean free range chickens from my cousin and dont know what to do with them..  :-\
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2018, 05:07 PM »
Can't help you much. I've wanted to smoke some trout but haven't yet.  A friend smoked some in his gas grill using hickory chips in a smoker box and it was delicious. He just filleted it open and smoked it skin side down.  It was perfect with my smoked extra sharp cheddar and some soda crackers.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

gotagetm

« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2018, 07:27 PM »

this is a recipie ive been using since ,well along time,i omit the salt because th soy sauce has plenty for me,i use it on whole walleye or bass skin on and scaled
if using filets only brine for a short time

fishinator

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2018, 09:41 PM »
I don't have a set recipe that I use, usually just a brine of brown sugar and salt. Make sure you let them dry on the counter for a while until they seem tacky almost before you put them on the smoker. Also if you have any left, take equal parts smoked fish to cream cheese, some diced onions and a splash of worshertcher, mix up and chill. Best cheese ball ever.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2018, 05:52 PM »
Thanks guys. I may brine some fillets tomorrow to throw on the smoker with the pork loin I'm doing Sunday. It's been brining for a week. Canadian Bacon👍

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.