FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1490227 times)

jlucky

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #3960 on: Jul 27, 2017, 08:28 AM »
Thanks guys. Didn't see the three pines before but could be due to our short stay of three nights. Looks awesome but In HomeAway they appear to only rent by the week, which I get. Might give them a call anyway and see what they say. Thanks again!
Threepines will do short stays as well

Spikehorn11

« Reply #3961 on: Jul 27, 2017, 11:48 AM »
Got out on onieda, first time this year. Fished out from Godfries 30 ft.of water.caught 4 sheeps, one big bass, two cats and a white perch, all on jigs. Couldn't get a walleye to hit, fished from 7a.m. to 3p.m. maybe next time I will fish evening bite. Also had one huge fish that kept taking drag out that came off, never did see what it was.

Next time try before 7:00am. You pretty much fished the hours I would not try for walleyes this time of year. Thats just me though. Right now i only get eyes first thing or dusk.

greenhornet73

« Reply #3962 on: Jul 27, 2017, 08:13 PM »
I may head out tomorrow morning in my kayak for the first trip on Oneida this year.  How are the gobies this year with worm harnesses?  I was planning to troll for a little until I find some fish and start jigging.  Are plastics a must or can I use real crawlers?  I put floats on my harnesses to keep them higher off the bottom like I do on Ontario.

reeleyz

« Reply #3963 on: Jul 27, 2017, 08:27 PM »
I have seen guys pulling worms with no issues. There was a guy near me tonight casting a spinner with a worm and I didn't see him catch any gobies.

greenhornet73

« Reply #3964 on: Jul 27, 2017, 08:35 PM »
cool thanks for the info

greenhornet73

« Reply #3965 on: Jul 28, 2017, 12:02 PM »
You were right, no issues with gobies at all.  The perch on the other hand..... :P  Ended up with a nice mixed bag of fish all on harnesses along the North Shore this morning including a couple 'eyes.  I don't know why I don't fish this lake more often,  nothing huge but enough action to keep me busy all morning.

reeleyz

« Reply #3966 on: Jul 28, 2017, 12:29 PM »
Well done GH!

I know somebody asked about the goby population being lower this year. It almost seems lower to me too. I have not run worms all year so it is tough for me to gauge. I have only caught 1 goby in 15 trips. Maybe the perch, bass, and pickerel are keeping them at bay. Heaven knows the walleyes still don't seem to be eating them.

greenhornet73

« Reply #3967 on: Jul 28, 2017, 01:28 PM »
nope, all the fish i cleaned had empty stomachs except for 1 perch that was full of what looked like crushed zebra mussels.  Definitely not crayfish or shrimp but hard black and white shell fragments

filetandrelease

« Reply #3968 on: Jul 28, 2017, 03:11 PM »
Well done GH

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #3969 on: Jul 28, 2017, 09:33 PM »
Hit shackelton for the last hour before dark tonight. Made 2 quick drifts with not much to show for it. Shoulda brought another drift sock. Havent fished in at least a month and felt very awkward. Back at it sometime in the am for a bit.  Too much going on this summer. 

filetandrelease

« Reply #3970 on: Jul 29, 2017, 09:15 AM »

Got out with big jimmy and snag last night it was pretty rough , jigging at a 1 mile is a little fast for this ol boy , we made several moves and manage to get our limit

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #3971 on: Jul 29, 2017, 09:36 AM »
 Well done! Usually go in the AM, but going to try the afternoon for a change. Seems a bit windy at this point, hope things settle down some. Been looking the map over for some new spots to try, but it will require some traveling. Half the fun for me is the game plan!

filetandrelease

« Reply #3972 on: Jul 29, 2017, 12:02 PM »

Good luck out there Mr Burn

Chowdaire

« Reply #3973 on: Jul 29, 2017, 02:39 PM »
I think I passed you in Cleveland, Rugburn. I was just going to fuel up after running around doing my engine break-in. Good luck out there.

reeleyz

« Reply #3974 on: Jul 29, 2017, 08:39 PM »
I agree Rugburn. It is like deer hunting, start by ruling out the spots where the fish aren't!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.