FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1489289 times)

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #3975 on: Jul 31, 2017, 07:34 AM »
 Yeah Chowdaire we were in the hood, stopped at east end tackle and App's before heading out. First new spot we tried, found a few fish that wanted to play. The Captain snapped a sea monster off with a rookie mistake, drag to tight (+using wife's rod without her blessing). Just when things were looking good, the wind started cranking and said "GET OUT". Never even made it to spot two. Ran for the protection of the shore, and ended up in the "honey hole of the no fish zone". I'll report the good with the bad. Even with my A team on board, we earned a C-.   ;)

pimplepounder

« Reply #3976 on: Aug 01, 2017, 08:54 AM »
I just did all the paperwork yesterday and purchased a 33 ft trailer which I hauled up to Costantia cove last night and plan on leaving it there season after season finally have my place on Oneida. Weekend after weekend all year long ill be chasing eyes and perch and maybe killing some ducks and geese now I just need some info on good places to eat and maybe a couple places to snap a few open

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #3977 on: Aug 01, 2017, 08:59 AM »
 That's great PP, one of my fishing buds was thinking the same! Retirement prep!  8)

reeleyz

« Reply #3978 on: Aug 01, 2017, 10:21 AM »
Good deal PP.

The Sand Bar is just East of there and there is TJs in Cleveland as well. There is also a small place right across from the old Nice and Easy gas station.

It's too bad the old Manhatten Moon couldn't stay open. Their food was good too.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3979 on: Aug 01, 2017, 11:20 AM »

X3 what Bruce said , i like the sand bar foods good and beer is cold 😉

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #3980 on: Aug 01, 2017, 03:27 PM »
Good for you PP!! Welcome to the North Shore!!
Nice job findin em

Chowdaire

« Reply #3981 on: Aug 01, 2017, 05:10 PM »
Awesome, PP! Congrats, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

x4 on the restaurant/bar recommendations. And if you're in the mood for a good steak or prime rib head to Sylvan to the Crazy Clam.

pimplepounder

« Reply #3982 on: Aug 02, 2017, 05:28 AM »
Thanks for the recomendations fellas can't wait to spend this weekend there.Chow I was at the clam earlier this summer when we camped at Oneida pines your right good chow for sure my daughter favorite place and my wife loved the canalside.Freddy cold beer beer is one of favorites

reeleyz

« Reply #3983 on: Aug 02, 2017, 02:17 PM »

filetandrelease

« Reply #3984 on: Aug 02, 2017, 02:32 PM »

Thanks Bruce , Nice read

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #3985 on: Aug 02, 2017, 02:34 PM »
 Not only is the bloom pretty bad, but the soapy looking suds floating on top is nasty. Never seen it like that before. I'm sure they must have some strict septic rules in place, butt........?

pimplepounder

« Reply #3986 on: Aug 02, 2017, 02:38 PM »
Don't tell my wife about that...what's said on the fish finder stays on the fish finder

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #3987 on: Aug 02, 2017, 03:08 PM »
Are most places around the Lake on public sewer systems, or do they maintain their own septic tanks? I know Little Sodus Bay installed sewer lines a few years back.

oneida1

« Reply #3988 on: Aug 02, 2017, 03:44 PM »
Not sure about north shore as far as septic but the south shore and both ends have public sewer, well all but one small area in the town of sullivan have sewer lines, the reason i know is I am the small area without but i dont think that causes any of this blue green alge, heavy rains has a lot to do with it and calm winds and temps in the 80's or better

reeleyz

« Reply #3989 on: Aug 02, 2017, 05:05 PM »
Like Oneida1 said, heavy rains bring nutrients into the lake. Mainly from farms on the south and east ends. Then we get sunny days and the algae blooms.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.