FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: open water???  (Read 3285 times)

Jordanimal01

Re: open water???
« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2015, 09:08 AM »
Both Moodus Res and other waters around here are still locked up besides the small (but cast-able!) areas near bridges and dams. I've been out a few times so far at diff spots going for pike/bass/cats/striper without so much as a hit yet. Soon!!

eiderz

« Reply #16 on: Apr 04, 2015, 09:10 AM »
Rogers Lake is about 25% open this morning. The remaining ice is dark grey so I would think it will be gone in a couple of days.

Newguy123

« Reply #17 on: Apr 04, 2015, 09:02 PM »
ready to go out fishing in my kayak,
Theres a pond  that the river has overflowed into  and  therefore melted half of the pond,
though it is conected to the river currently,  i wonder what the legality on fishing it would be since its in a section of river that isnt catch and release year around

eiderz

« Reply #18 on: Apr 05, 2015, 06:07 AM »
Which river are you referring to Newguy?

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #19 on: Apr 05, 2015, 07:52 AM »
In six days you can fish any river.Saw the post on shanty, those guys are finding open water,they should thank their luck stars. I feel we fished the last of what I call safe ice that night on Batt. Then put our gear away to get ready for the open water season. Icefishing will be on my mind in November. These days I look at the daily satellite pics Of the great lakes and northern Quebec,Waiting for the first signs of soft water About May 1, Oneida is going to have a late spawn as well as last yr.
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

Newguy123

« Reply #20 on: Apr 05, 2015, 10:03 AM »
Which river are you referring to Newguy?
the farmington
and the pond is one of the gravel pits  by the meade,
i know i can fish that section o the river in six days,  but  im still itching to get out on any water i can find and get to legally,  alot of ponds  still have some sort of ice on them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.