FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Halloween Fish  (Read 1021 times)

bogtrotter

Halloween Fish
« on: Oct 31, 2020, 02:38 PM »
I went fishing in North Adams today from around 12 noon to 2:30 PM.

It was sunny but chilly - - hovering right around freezing (32 degrees) - - and there was a rime of frost/snow along some of the shadier banks.

Water levels were high - - just short of roaring (at least on the river, if not the brook).

I caught three browns (two 9" and one 11") on Hudson Brook at the Natural Marble Bridge State Park.

I landed two rainbows (one 12" and one 13") on the North Hoosic below the Eclipse Mill dam.

I had one night crawler left, so on the way home I stopped at Southview to see if I could reel in a couple bullhead at the pond. 

The fish at Southview were not biting, but I did get to see a great blue heron on the opposite side of the pond. 

lowaccord66

Re: Halloween Fish
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2020, 06:25 AM »
Nice work Jim. 

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2020, 07:02 AM »
Well done, Jim!
Wicked Wec

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2020, 07:59 AM »
I thought you guys has some snow out there on Halloween? Or was that before Halloween?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2020, 08:24 AM »
Must be nice to have so many trout opportunities nearby.  That's a beautiful area of the state.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2020, 09:00 AM »
I thought you guys has some snow out there on Halloween? Or was that before Halloween?

It was Friday night. Before.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.