FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 337425 times)

kc

Re: NY Fisherman 2016 Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #135 on: Nov 04, 2016, 05:26 PM »
I will send them to mookie

oatkasut

« Reply #136 on: Nov 04, 2016, 08:51 PM »
got my deer yesterday, WITH MY SUV,; only cost me $2K. lucky no on hurt (except the deer).Didn't even got any meat. :'( :'( :'( :'( :( :(

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #137 on: Nov 04, 2016, 09:39 PM »
got my deer yesterday, WITH MY SUV,; only cost me $2K. lucky no on hurt (except the deer).Didn't even got any meat. :'( :'( :'( :'( :( :(
doh!! That sucks, At least only the deer was hurt...was it a buck?? They are running everywheres
done dirt cheap!

kc

« Reply #138 on: Nov 05, 2016, 07:36 AM »
doh!! That sucks, At least only the deer was hurt...was it a buck?? They are running everywheres

As my wife would say only a hunter would ask...was it a buck?? My last one with her car was 7200.00 and yes it was a buck

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #139 on: Nov 12, 2016, 05:52 PM »
I haven't been on here in a while...lots of great stories and pictures, congrats to all...

I took my annual Veterans Day week off for the hope of an exciting rut filled week of deer action.  It was all of that again this year.  Young bucks were chasing does like crazy.  I saw a total of 15 bucks, 3 of which were shooters for me.  I watched young bucks competing for does, grunting like crazy and fighting.  The last two years have been awesome for bucks responding to calls.  I bleated in or changed the direction of most of the bucks I saw, 9 of them within bow range.  I saw 18 other deer mostly Does and Fawns with a couple unknowns.  The weather was a little bit of everything, from wet and rainy to cold crisp potato chip leaves. Lots of laughs in camp, great food and a couple nights a few too many brews.  So election day I was home the night before and I voted Tuesday morning...I got to camp and was in my stand around 1100 AM and I was going to sit till dark.  Somewhere around 1500 the woods came alive.  I could hear a serious chase going on and coming my way.  About 10 minutes of crashing and banging they were headed my way.  Branches breaking and grunts flying a doe with her tongue hanging out went by one of my lanes...then a 4 point and then a spike horn.  they ran around me for another 5 minutes.  The doe hunched up under a small tree about 45 yards away.  The two small bucks circled each other trying to keep the other away from the doe.  They were all exhausted.  They all rested and I heard some noise behind me.  Up came a buck I called El Toro from cam pics.  He was fresh...A spike pretty tall and wide, looks like a small bull.  He ran off the two other bucks and followed the doe off down the hill.  The woods went quiet for a bit.  A little after 1600 I hear a deer coming from my right. He finally comes out of the hemlocks and it is a good buck.  He is smelling the party from earlier then he goes right over to where the doe stood and he licked the ground and sniffed the entire area.  He turned and started to head down hill and I let out bleats until he stopped and looked back.  I then let one more bleat out behind the tree and he turned and was headed my way.  He passed through a shooting lane about 25 yards...I blatted to stop him and he stopped broadside...put the pin on him and watched my arrow through.  I hit about 2 inches lower than I aimed ( it ended up being closer to 30 yards)  I took out the bottom of his heart.  He dropped less than 100 yards from me and only went about 60 yards total.  I am very happy with the season.  I can't wait until next year.  Lots of young bucks!

\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

reeleyz

« Reply #140 on: Nov 13, 2016, 05:29 AM »
Looks like a great week. Congrats on a nice buck!

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #141 on: Nov 13, 2016, 06:14 AM »
real great photos and REAL nice buck thanks for sharing
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Huntny30

« Reply #142 on: Nov 13, 2016, 06:28 AM »
Thanks guys, it was a great week...Only thing better would have been my buddies hanging one in the tree...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

fish wayniac

« Reply #143 on: Nov 13, 2016, 06:53 AM »
Really good deer pic's and congratz on a smasher buck. I like your avatar pick of the king. I did a fishing trip out of Oswego in August.Those Kings are fun to catch.

pimplepounder

« Reply #144 on: Nov 13, 2016, 08:58 AM »
Hunty nice deer camp looks great

Huntny30

« Reply #145 on: Nov 13, 2016, 03:00 PM »
Thanks guys...

reeleyz

« Reply #146 on: Nov 14, 2016, 07:04 AM »
What a day yesterday was. I took my mom out with the rifle to try and get her a shot at a buck. So at daylight a small buck goes by me, looked like a 4 point. Then at 7:30 she shoots and it sounds like a good shot. So I told her I would stop over at 9 and track him out. 8:30 I catch some movement and then I see nothing for 10 minutes. Then out steps a nice 9 point. He gave me plenty of time for a good shot and I thought long and hard about filling my last buck tag. I shot and he went just out of sight and crashed. I tracked him out. Then I went over to my mom and tracked her buck out. It was a 4 point, not the same buck I passed on though. I went back in and got my 4 year old son for a little tracking and gutting lesson.

It was an awesome day. Just perfect weather, 2 clean kills, and a fun time with my mom and son.

Tracking the deer.

Jakep138

« Reply #147 on: Nov 14, 2016, 07:07 AM »
Awesome job reeleyez!!
Just put me on ice and ill find water!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #148 on: Nov 14, 2016, 07:19 AM »
Wow. Great pictures Bruce..  Congratulations...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Huntny30

« Reply #149 on: Nov 14, 2016, 07:45 AM »
I doesn't get any better than that Bruce! Heck of a year you are having bud! LB is getting big!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.