FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Maumee Run  (Read 1195 times)

Ifish

The Maumee Run
« on: Dec 09, 2009, 10:04 PM »
How many of you make it the Maumee Run?

I go every year and for starters I can say that if you want to avoid the crowds it is possible by all means if you do your homework.

I will say that for eyes it doesn't get any easier and for a guy without a boat I'll take it. Also there are a bunch of other fish from suckers to silver bass, to 30 lb carp run at the same time and either way it's a fun day of fishin. If you don't have much time wading under your belt or new to fishing major river systems do  your homework. This river has claimed many lives and needs respect. 

Boomer

Re: The Maumee Run
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2009, 08:30 AM »
I am within driving distance but have never gone. Do you know what an out-of-state license for two days fishing would be? Maybe give it a try this year. Keep us informed for when it starts. Do you throw jigs? Tipped with live minnows? Plugs?

FISHAHOLIC-19

« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2009, 09:12 AM »
I am within driving distance but have never gone. Do you know what an out-of-state license for two days fishing would be? Maybe give it a try this year. Keep us informed for when it starts. Do you throw jigs? Tipped with live minnows? Plugs?
$40.00 annual
$19.00 3 day
$11.00 day
Most everyone carolina rigs grubs on a floating jig head.
During the run you are not aloud to use treble hooks or tandem rigs, only single hooks.

Ifish

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2009, 06:25 AM »
Ya one thing I would definetly say with the Maumee is the Ohio DNR is very sneaky around there. I've seen DNR fish next to me for hours in plain clothes and never new it. After some guys were getting ready to leave he was like you, you and you come with me. I was like OMG glad I followed the rules. So definetly follow the regulations and you'll be all good. Trust me on the Maumee there is no need to even keep a foul hooked fish because you can get your limit most of the time. It's alot of fun and you don't have to fish the crowds if you don't want to. Right around Blue Grass Island is always a good time and plenty of fish come april.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.