FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Question about bulldog trailer jackstand with wheel  (Read 1161 times)

taxid

Question about bulldog trailer jackstand with wheel
« on: Jul 04, 2015, 10:34 PM »
I've got a jackstand that has the pin (spring loaded and pulled in and out when rotating the jack stand) but is missing the spring, cotter key, and washer. On which side of the spring does the washer go? Does it go on the side of the spring opposite the cotter key or up against the cotter key between the spring and cotter key?

I should be able to get a spring, cotter key, and washer at the hardware store.

I see the jack and replacement parts on the Internet but can't seem to find a close up of this assembly.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

tomturkey

Re: Question about bulldog trailer jackstand with wheel
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2015, 08:11 AM »
I just looked at mine. The spring goes to the handle end of the pin then washer and cotter pin. You are compressing the spring as you pull the pin out to rotate the jack, compressed spring pushes the pin back in the hole.

A little tip. The wheel on my pontoon trailer jack was worn out when I bought it. I happened to see a HD castor with the same size wheel on clearance some where. I replaced the worn out wheel with the new one that has ball bearings instead of a bushing. WOW  I can now push the toon and trailer all over the drive by hand. I am now looking for another castor so I can replace the bushed wheel on the new jack on my utility trailer.

taxid

Re: Question about bulldog trailer jackstand with wheel
« Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2015, 09:03 AM »
I just looked at mine. The spring goes to the handle end of the pin then washer and cotter pin. You are compressing the spring as you pull the pin out to rotate the jack, compressed spring pushes the pin back in the hole.

A little tip. The wheel on my pontoon trailer jack was worn out when I bought it. I happened to see a HD castor with the same size wheel on clearance some where. I replaced the worn out wheel with the new one that has ball bearings instead of a bushing. WOW  I can now push the toon and trailer all over the drive by hand. I am now looking for another castor so I can replace the bushed wheel on the new jack on my utility trailer.

Thanks much! And for the tip! Makes sense the washer goes wher it does!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.