FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY trip  (Read 4203 times)

Ravo_Himself

NY trip
« on: Sep 24, 2015, 08:17 AM »
Almost that time of year again for the salmon run. Every year my pops and I make the trip up to Pulaski with some buddy's for the salmon run first weekend in October. That's next weekend already so we're getting pretty excited. I've been reading the reports on the NY board and things are slowly starting to pick up. Need some cooler temperatures and rain to really push them up the rivers. As always there will be pictures
Every fisherman is a liar. Except for me of course!

-Ryan-

lowaccord66

Re: NY trip
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2015, 09:27 AM »
Nice! Good luck!  I am going to make a trip to the Niagra this year to do the same.  Going to fish the Canadian side and hit the whirlpool.  Might as well put the passport to good use.

eiderz

« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2015, 06:30 PM »
I've never been Ravo. Been meaning to go for years, but lots of excuses.  ::) From what I've heard early October sounds...well...early. I know the river needs water (rain), but is it normally prime time? Good luck!!

bug-chazer

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Waiting for dec. 2 days in drift boat , no walking. The way my knee is , ice fishing will be tough. Good luck and have fun Ravo .

Ravo_Himself

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2015, 07:54 PM »
I've never been Ravo. Been meaning to go for years, but lots of excuses.  ::) From what I've heard early October sounds...well...early. I know the river needs water (rain), but is it normally prime time? Good luck!!

Probably the strongest freshwater fish pound for pound. I've literally had to pull the fish out of a 20 foot waterfall. If he made it over the dam I would have been screwed. Usually they start running end of September and run pretty good into October. So first weekend is usually really productive. It's supposed to rain beginning of next week so I'm hoping that brings them in

-Ryan-

eiderz

« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2015, 06:30 AM »
Sounds great, good luck Ravo. I have to give it a try, along with about a zillion other things on the bucket list.  ;D

Ravo_Himself

« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2015, 03:26 PM »
Reports are looking good. Between rain and the super moon it seems they're finally on the move. Mouths of the rivers are losing up and they're jumping left and right. Should be a good weekend

-Ryan-

Ravo_Himself

« Reply #7 on: Oct 02, 2015, 03:27 PM »
Scouted out some places yesterday when we got here. Not a lot of fish to be found. Picked a spot on s smaller stream we've had good luck at before and had great morning. My dad landed this massive coho first thing. 22lbs 38"

Our buddy with a nice big male king

This was mine for the day. Not huge but still fun. Hooked up and fought a good amount today.

-Ryan-

eiderz

« Reply #8 on: Oct 03, 2015, 07:00 AM »
Awesome Ravo, you're making me want to get in the car right now! You're killing me!  ;) Thanks for sharing.  :thumbup_smilie:

westernmas

« Reply #9 on: Oct 05, 2015, 07:13 AM »
Nice work.  That coho is a beast.  I'm hoping to get up there in November for some steelies.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

bug-chazer

« Reply #10 on: Oct 06, 2015, 10:03 AM »
Nice looking coho , bigger than any I have caught. Gotta wait till dec. for steelies. :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

Ravo_Himself

« Reply #11 on: Oct 07, 2015, 05:18 AM »
I might make a weekend trip up with our boat in November for browns and steelies

-Ryan-

lowaccord66

« Reply #12 on: Oct 07, 2015, 05:35 AM »
Nice fish!

ICOT1

« Reply #13 on: Oct 07, 2015, 11:09 AM »
Great job Ravo. Thanks for sharing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com