FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bashan Lake water level  (Read 2691 times)

imsafanct

Bashan Lake water level
« on: Mar 22, 2016, 09:08 AM »
Does anyone know if the water level at Bashan Lake has come back up since it was lowered this past year for dam repair? Thanks.

-Eric

eiderz

Re: Bashan Lake water level
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2016, 09:49 AM »
A friend with a house on the lake says the dam is closed and the lake is refilling, slowly. In his opinion it will not fill before summer. The boat launch is pretty much the last place to fill so it will probably remain closed for a long time.

imsafanct

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2016, 09:54 AM »
Eider,

Thanks for the info., nice to hear from you. Hopefully it will be fishable this year.

-Eric

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2016, 07:42 AM »
It usually takes a few yrs. for a lake to bounce back.from being lowered like that
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

eiderz

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2016, 10:16 AM »
It usually takes a few yrs. for a lake to bounce back.from being lowered like that

It was my understanding that most of the fish survived the drawdown, with luck the fishing will rebound quick.

imsafanct

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2016, 12:45 PM »
Bashan is one of those places that seems really cool to me. We fished it twice in 2014. I did well catching largemouths the first time we went in April and I even caught a bonus rainbow trout that day. Clear water, lots of rocks and not too weedy. I like that. I'm looking forward to fishing there again soon and hopefully finding some smallies.

-Eric

eiderz

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2016, 07:46 AM »
I know the smallmouths are in Bashan, having done some scuba diving there. It sure is nice clear water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.