FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Slow but Fun Nevertheless  (Read 665 times)

bogtrotter

Slow but Fun Nevertheless
« on: Oct 16, 2021, 06:12 PM »
I spent four hours fishing in North Adams this afternoon, from 1:30 to 5:30 PM.

The weather was odd - - It was overcast and fairly warm (72 degrees) but breezy - - so it felt like it should be chilly, but it wasn't quite (if that makes sense).

I started on the Hudson Brook at the  Natural Marble Bridge State Park, and after an inordinate amount of time and effort (well over an hour and a half) finally managed to land an 8" brook trout.

Working my way downstream to the North Branch of the Hoosic,  I caught a 13" rainbow at the entrance to the Park.

(B/T/W - A DCR worker told me that today was the last day the Park was "open" - - which simply means the gate was open so cars could drive all the way up - - and , ironically,I noticed there were more cars and pedestrians there today than practically any day this year).

Heading further downstream, I didn't have any strikes until I reached Old Glory Rock, where, after a brief bout of tug-o-war, I reeled in a nice 16" rainbow.

Returning to my car, I drove home, arriving just shortly before the heavens opened up and released a torrential downpour.

Bartman44

Re: Slow but Fun Nevertheless
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2021, 06:42 PM »
16 inch rainbow is a good one, nice catching.

You're right about the weather, we were sitting outside, having a beer at Snow Republic in Dover, VT and I said the same thing to my wife.

lowaccord66

Re: Slow but Fun Nevertheless
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2021, 07:40 AM »
Way to go Jim!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.