FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Perch on Lake Mich  (Read 2662 times)

wallin

Perch on Lake Mich
« on: May 24, 2019, 09:45 AM »
Wheres the best port on lake Mich to get the Perch when they come in?
Trying to plan a trip up for them Perch.
Thanks
Wallin

netminder34

Re: Perch on Lake Mich
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 08:25 AM »
  I am not an expert and haven't fished N Lk Mi for perch in several years.  I know you are familiar with the south end of the lake so I will ask how far North are you looking to go and when?

I know in the winter Portage lake (connected to L. Mi) is good for perch which is Onekama just North of Manistee.  I don't know much about perch fishing out of Ludington but they have some good Salmon fishing.  I used to catch Perch and knew a guy that would get into them pretty good at times out of Frankfort.  Grand Haven I have heard can be good also at times.  I am hoping to get out after some this summer when the water warms some, hopefully find some on old stomping grounds.  First summer back in Mi fulltime but between work, getting the new house and property situated any fishing away from the pond will be a bonus I think. Not sure if any of this helps as it has been a few years but they are out there or at least used to be.  I will report back if I get a chance to get out after them.

wallin

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2019, 08:16 PM »
Thanks I've heard a small squeal about St. Joe and a few squeals about the south end. I'll head north a few hrs  into mich when its time.
This next weekend and next week should start things rolling on the south end.
Good Luck and Fish-on
Wallin

wallin

« Reply #3 on: Jul 03, 2019, 12:00 PM »
St Joe area was good to us sunday once we found them, 40 for 2 of us , only keeping 8 inch and above.
8 to 14 inch, alot of 10 to 12 inch with shoulders for sure, doubles were common.
Head south but its a 30 min ride.
Wallin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.