FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: GOOD FRIDAY  (Read 1185 times)

abishop

GOOD FRIDAY
« on: Apr 02, 2021, 07:55 AM »
I can remember many moons ago when I used to fish for trout and salmon that every time I went fishing on Good Friday there was a limit to be had. Don't know if there is anything spiritual there but, I can remember like 20 years of limits. This was before they closed Dean Mitchell. Might have something to do with it. Just saying, go get ya sum... Anyone else notice great catches on this holy day?????

abishop

Re: GOOD FRIDAY
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2021, 03:35 PM »
I am sure this cold front would have poor results for the catch today. What I can remember most of all the times I recall that limits were taken, I was casting on the big lake. Cohos, browns and steelies are what I was referring to. These cold days, I try to stay warm. Having gills 4 dinner.

fishinator

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2021, 09:04 PM »
I would have to say today was an EXCELLENT FRIDAY!  Caught tons of crappie,  kept around 20 and 2 ears. Been on this bite for 2 weeks, nothing has seemed to stop it, not even cold fronts.

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2021, 08:15 AM »
I remember living in Massachusetts in the the late 60's to 71' and reading in Outdoor Life about the abundant browns and salmon that were being caught on Lake Michigan. Just casting off shore was good enough to catch 4 to 8 pound browns.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2021, 10:12 AM »
Use to catch BIG crappies on Stone Lake in LaPorte wading north of swimming beach. We'd go over to that lake north of McDonalds ( Clear Lake?) and rake leeches out of leaves along shore. Caught them March and April up until Mother's Day. Caught a 16" on Mother's Day. Have tried a number of times lately and nada!
Happy Easter  to all!!!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2021, 10:12 AM »
I remember one day on Good Friday I caught 6 for 6 casts in a row.

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2021, 07:37 AM »
Happy Easter to all.No fishing 4 me today. Tomorrow, LOOK OUT.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.