FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The last week and a half  (Read 1939 times)

Spooled85

The last week and a half
« on: May 17, 2020, 03:49 PM »
Have Ben good to us ! We enjoying this weather lately and put plenty of hrs on the boat . Saving up for a family fish fry hopefully soon . Here are some pics

fishinator

Re: The last week and a half
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 05:37 PM »
Looks good. No where near enough fish on those sandwiches though  Gotta stack that sh*t up. And some hot sauce.

Daybreak

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 06:11 PM »
Nice report and pictures!  A family fish fry sounds like a great idea when things get a little better.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

Spooled85

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 08:16 PM »
Looks good. No where near enough fish on those sandwiches though  Gotta stack that sh*t up. And some hot sauce.

Haha , I've got a ulcer so me and hit sauce don't mix ! I love me so tarter sauce pickle and a toasted bun with a walley filet . Mmmmmmmmmmm don't get much better !

Spooled85

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 08:17 PM »
Nice report and pictures!  A family fish fry sounds like a great idea when things get a little better.

Ya we are hoping by mid June things will be good enough to make it happen

LundProv

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 10:43 PM »
Way to go Spooled85...  Love seeing people enjoy the outdoors and reaping the benefits of their passion for fishing and showing their gratitude.  In this period of uncertainty for a variety of reasons, it is very refreshing to see your genuine presentation of just how much we can still enjoy the basics we have all been blessed with.  As an old guy, I have traveled a long way to catch fish here and there only to wake up and realize that good fishing is here - possibly just down the street -  anytime you can be out in creation soaking up the opportunity.  Glad you enjoyed and hope for many good days ahead for all of us...

bigr

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 05:33 AM »
Don't forget to add a few late season mushrooms in the mix. This rain brought on a new batch of big yellows.

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 10:14 AM »
Nice mess and pic's Spooled. You got a good start on the fish fry. Just let me know date and time.... :D :tipup:

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 10:29 AM »
Agree with everyone's comments! Great to see you getting it done with family and friends!
God bless!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Spooled85

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 11:10 AM »
Thanks fellas , definitely thankful to be outdoors enjoying it to the fullest . The crappie are on full swing we turned back as many females as we kept in males ! Had not caught a single female untill Saturday night when the water temp hit above 65 . We got on the water at 540 pm and left them biting at 930 when we left . All fish have Ben on minnows and tube jigs and alot of walley being caught on beetle spins and Rd runners . And I have also saved up some mushrooms for the fry  ;D . All in all nothing better then time  with family and friends during the junk going on in our world. Won't catch me sitting in a house waiting for the world to change ! You only live once and I'm gonna enjoy it !!!

Spooled85

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 06:36 AM »
Back at it again Monday night , with my son and daughter . The crapie are on fire if you haven't Ben out to get some you better get after it ! Between the three of us we got our limit in about two hours . We culled fish for awhile with bigger ones and if I had to guess I would say we boated more then 150 . and my son caught his PB walley 24 in 4 lbs on a beetle spin man he was excited lol . Went back last night with a good friend and his wife and got 29 and 4 walley that was all too short. They walley bite was crazy at dark last night casting a jig and a big minnow almost every cast I was getting smoked . May go back out tonight !

fishinator

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 08:08 PM »
Nice job but what's up with the dudes red hair in that last pic?

Spooled85

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2020, 09:26 PM »
Thank you , and kids these days lol he wanted red hair haha

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.