FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quad Cities area  (Read 20353 times)

NewToIa

Re: Quad Cities area
« Reply #15 on: Jun 18, 2010, 11:31 AM »
I was out this week on pool 14 and did well on channel cats (also caught a bunch of sheepshead too).  Is anyone else catching anything in the area? I am hoping to head out this weekend and see what I can do.

BBK

« Reply #16 on: Jun 18, 2010, 11:52 AM »
Not much going on. Cats are biting but that's about it.

NewToIa

« Reply #17 on: Aug 11, 2010, 03:12 PM »
Well, i have been out of town the last couple of weeks, but plan on heading out somewhere this weekend (if it isnt ungodly hot out).  Has anyone been out anywhere lately?  Is anyone catching anything?

BBK

« Reply #18 on: Aug 11, 2010, 05:13 PM »
Cats are biting on the river.

NewToIa

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 07:32 AM »
So, I finally got my turkey this past weekend, and that will free up some time to focus on fishing.  Is anyone catching anything around the Quad Cities?  I have heard they are catching some channel cats on the river, but that is about it.  Anyone else doing any good??

BBK

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 10:18 AM »
So, I finally got my turkey this past weekend, and that will free up some time to focus on fishing.  Is anyone catching anything around the Quad Cities?  I have heard they are catching some channel cats on the river, but that is about it.  Anyone else doing any good??

I'd be very surprised if you could find a place to cat fish with the current the way it is.

Yes, the fish just started going again this weekend.

Long Grove labs

• AKA: Iowa ice
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 05:51 PM »
Cats are going CRAZY in the lil rivers around the Cities. BBK how you been? I'll PM you when I get a chance.

BBK

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 04:20 PM »
Cats are going CRAZY in the lil rivers around the Cities. BBK how you been? I'll PM you when I get a chance.

Been good, catching a few fish but nothing hot and heavy yet.

BBK

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 05:46 PM »
You guys still above water down there. How bad is the Mighty Miss right now?

a foot or two above normal. Nothing to worry about

Long Grove labs

• AKA: Iowa ice
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011, 12:57 PM »
It deffinetly has not killed the fishing for the summer. Made it better if any thing. Was out and saw lots of new habitat. I'll be hittin her hard starting next week.

Lance

SBEkiller

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 09:25 PM »
caught 6 walleyes, 2 would have kept if I wanted them, and about a dozen crappies in the pits north of princeton on the big river.  awesome night to be out.

SBEkiller

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011, 09:30 PM »
had another good day on the river today with a limit of eyes and the biggest drum of my life....i kept her to see for myself what they tasted like.  the fillet looked awful next to a pile of walleye sides.  slow death hooks on dubuque rigs were the ticket. 

BBK

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011, 11:25 PM »
  slow death hooks on dubuque rigs were the ticket. 

What is that?

SBEkiller

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2011, 09:40 PM »
slow death hooks are a special hook that holds a nightcrawler and the hook/crawler spins when trolled and a dubuque rig is a three way set up with, in my case, a main line to a three way swivel, one 12 inch length of line with a 1/2 oz jighead and twistertail going to the bottom, on the last swivel of the three way, a 5 foot length to the slow death hook w/ a crawler. 

the dubuque rig is just a three way trolling set up with a big jighead instead of a hookless weight

catches everything in the river including a big ole spoony by a buddy today....snagged and released of course

NewToIa

« Reply #29 on: Jun 02, 2011, 07:02 AM »
So is anyone planning on going out this weekend?  I am sure I will be out (weather permitting), but not sure where I am going to go yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.