FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How do you store your tackle  (Read 1718 times)

Capt. Travis

How do you store your tackle
« on: Apr 18, 2006, 07:33 AM »
I think it’s safe to say that as fisherman, the one constant in our lives is that we have way too much tackle.   That being the case, we still find ourselves buying more.   It’s a life of wild excess.   So where pray tell do we store all this stuff?    The obvious answer is a tackle box.    Unfortunately with the passage of time, we realize that this simple solution can present a daunting problem…    Our tackle box has become so big and so heavy that it requires a small team of porters to get it to the lake!

I ran into this wall a long time ago.    My left arm is now a full three inches longer than my right arm.   My chiropractor bills where through the roof and my left hand had formed and arthritic claw…  All this from carrying a tackle box that weighed in at a few metric tons.    I had to do something.

Admit it.    You’ve got everything under the sun in there.    You got stuff in there you don’t even remember…   On any given trip you only use 10% of your massive stock….  Eureka!   We're on to something here.    Why not carry what you will use and nothing more?    At least that what I said to myself one day.   

I switched over to storing my gear in Plano trays.    One tray for the bass asasins, one tray for my jigs, one tray for my stick baits, one tray for my live bait supplies, etc…   Now when I leave the house, I simply load the appropriate trays into a small tackle bag and leave the rest at home…   

My chiropractor hates me,  my trusty team of porters has been laid off and I still have way too much tackle.   But my arm is slowing shrinking back to non-mutant proportions, my claw hand is healing nicely and you know what?    I’m still catching fish…  All is well that ends well.
You know that tickle in the bottom of your stomach when the land fades to a thin black sliver and winks out of sight altogether.... Yea, I'll have some more of that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.