FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Yankee Report 5/5-5/7 Wilson  (Read 2180 times)

Yankee Troller

• Fishing Lake Ontario for Salmon & Trout
Yankee Report 5/5-5/7 Wilson
« on: May 08, 2006, 11:44 AM »
5/5 - Left the pier heads at 6ish and headed NW.  Got about 4 miles and realized the engine temp was almost rdline. :shock: .  Shut the boat down and figured out that it was a bad impellar.  CG towed us to Wilson.  We threw the boat on the trailer and headed to the boat doctor in Olcott.  Boy he is good!  We were back fishing by 1:30.  Fished till 5 and did 10 fish, all kings.  Best set up was a white/white spin doctor with a no see um fly off the clear dipsey 120 back on a 3 setting.  Biggest weighed almost 22.

5/6 - Got out real early, becasue we felt jipped about Friday.  Set up and didnt have a touch for 30 minutes.  Then all of a sudden all heck broke loose.  From 6-9 we did 10 kings.  The freakin MULATTO spooks were HOT!!!!!!!Biggest was just under 23lbs.  After 9 we did 1 fish until we picked up at noon.  Got back out around 5 and did 2 more fish.  120 wire dipsey TC dodger and pink/black fly 120 back clear dipsey on a 3 settting.  Put a pink VP down and it took a small steely.

5/7 - OUr best day by far because we fished from 6-3.  Set up shallow in the morning looking for a brown or something on top in 50'.  Got the tweo color lead and the full core out on the baords and bang on the 2 color with a jointed orange rapala.  Line broke! :evil:   Fished the rest of the day and ended up 16/22.  Mostly kings with a steely thrown in.  The bite kept changing all day long.  You would find a lure that worked, and then nothing.  You would have to change and find something else they wanted.  Today it was the cores that were flying.  Stinger magnum Penguins, Chicken Wings, and an NK black silver with the green laser tape.  Lost a steely on the 2 color with a chartruse jointed rapala.  Spoons on the riggers were Mulottos, Baby showers, Froggy's, Chicken Wings, Penguins, and 1 oni the Habanero. :shock:  :shock:  :shock:   Now I need to plead my case.  I was letting it down on the downrigger and I thought I was to tight and popped the release onthe way down.  All of a sudden the dumb fish was jumping in the back on the boat with an ugly lure hanging out of its mouth.  Then he threw it.  He must have realized we made a mistake.  He was supposed to hit the Mullato on the other rigger.  I will admit though it was the smallest fish of the day. :lol:   Biggest fish was somewhere around 20-21.

On a side note.  Coming to work today SUCKED!  I wanna take the whole month off next year and just fish down there all of May.

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
Re: Yankee Report 5/5-5/7 Wilson
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 12:06 PM »
nice work.
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 12:46 PM »
Great pictures. Looks like excellent sailing. :laugh:

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 12:57 PM »
Word has been the fishing is INSANE. A family member just got his captains licesnse and is taking people out and hammering the fish. He has been fishing the lake for a few years and its the best he has seen.
Keep at it the fish look GREAT!
Internet heros give it a rest!

Gump

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 09:41 PM »
Spanky Troller,

Anybody can catch them at the Bar!  Why don't you come back east to Iron. bay and drown some NK's for the chance at boating a few small coho and maybe a brown.  :D

Actually I'm jealous.  Fishing around the Genne-sewer River has sucked as of late.  Nice report.

Steve

"Why do you go on these trips with me , Ed?"

Yankee Troller

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 06:50 AM »
Hey Forest...........How are you?  Lets see............Gas prices $3+.............SO either I put it in the boat and troll around the river with NO luck, or I go west and have a blast!  I think if Im gonna spend the money Im gonna have some fun. 

By the way I am looking for 1 or 2 observers for the Oswego Pro-Am the weekend after the 4th of July.  Tournament is Friday/Saturday.  Do you wanna do that or know someone who would like too?  Basically you get paired with another boat and the obsever goes on the other boat and makes sure they arent cheating.  I use two observers, therefore one day they observe and the other day they fish with us.  I also buy you dinner the night you observe.  Let me know if you are interested.

Gump

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 06:15 PM »
Yeah,

i might be interested.  Do I have to be there for both days or can i observe for just one of them???  Friday might be a problem but saturday i probably could.  I might be able to find a second also (my father) .  Let me know.

"Why do you go on these trips with me , Ed?"

Yankee Troller

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 06:50 AM »
OK let me double check who I have for the Oswego one and Ill let you know.  Right now I have observers for the Niagara and the Sodus.  If you and your old man wanna switch I dont see it being a problem. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.