FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Yankees Pro Am Stumble  (Read 1067 times)

Yankee Troller

• Fishing Lake Ontario for Salmon & Trout
Yankees Pro Am Stumble
« on: Jun 05, 2006, 07:02 AM »
What a tough weekend. From Friday till today we struggled for bites. SO heres the scoop.

Friday - We shot out of the pier heads and went west back to the area we fished on Monday. Fish werent stacked in there like they were 4 days prior. The ones that were in there were still big guys though. They were laying on the bottom in 150-250' of water. At times I had 225' of cable out. But unlike Monday these Salmon werent hungry. Monday I had my 225' rigger go with a hefty in 200 FOW. White on white with a no-see-um. On this day hpwever we coulf only get a few cohos to go up top.

Saturday - We managed to box two fish. One came on a Stinger Penguin (coho) and the other was a 20lb'er off the bottom on the above rig. We dumped 2 majors and 2-3 cohos. Threw back 3 shorts.

Sunday - Set the lines and doubled up within a half an hour. 10lb king and 5lb coho. Kiing 75' down on the rigger and the coho took a white on white with a no-see-um 325' on the wire 1.5 setting. Picked up 3 more fish through out the day. 2 hit froggy's and one came on a red dodger blue fly on a 2 color.

jonnynov

Re: Yankees Pro Am Stumble
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2006, 11:16 AM »
Those are some nice fish, you should enter them in the tournament if you registered

Yankee Troller

• Fishing Lake Ontario for Salmon & Trout
Re: Yankees Pro Am Stumble
« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2006, 01:26 PM »
Shoot I forgot about the tourney.  I have another tourney this weekend hopefully I could get some big guys.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.