FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: deep,clear lakes  (Read 3151 times)

pikeman

deep,clear lakes
« on: Jun 24, 2006, 08:03 PM »
Anybody have any tips on fishing clear deep lakes?I see a lot of bass when im fishin but a lot of them wont hit.About the only thing ive had a little luck with is strike king tubes.

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
Re: deep,clear lakes
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2006, 05:22 PM »
it depends on what kind of bass your fishing for. SMallies use tubes on rocks buty largemouth hit weeds with just aboout anything.
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2006, 06:19 PM »
You'll want to fish near any cover availble, be it weeds, docks, rocks or wood.

devil-man

« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2006, 06:22 PM »
Use the lightest line you think you can get away with and be quiet.
I would also reccomend down-sizing your bait.

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2006, 07:29 PM »
Live bait can be killer in clear lakes. Try a leech or a minnow below a slip bobber, if you can keep the panfish from mutilating your bait.

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2006, 09:57 AM »
Natural colors on all lures. And make long cast so the fish do not see you  first.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

Crestliner

« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2006, 06:49 PM »
Most deep, clear water lakes are prime for the smallmouth bass, providing adequate forage is available.  And some fine schools of largemouths can be found deep as well.  I'd approach the lake by trying to find humps and/or long points extending to deep drop offs.  Find good structure, then find bait on that structure.  (I'm assuming you have a sonar on board?)  Once you locate good structure and some bait balls drifting in & out, now you can start your presentation(s).  I do not know how you like to fish, but for me, this environment dictates light spinning gear. I usually have a rod set-up for drop-shotting (med-lite action), one for tube fishing (med action), another med action rig for cranks and/or top waters (yes.....you can catch big bass ontop over 35' of water in this kind of environment), and finally a Senko rig, usually wacky style and suspended under a slip bobber about 2' off the bottom (dynomite!).  My Senko rig is med-heavy using in-line red circle hooks.  With these 4 rigs, a good sonar and little thinking, you can outsmart any bass anywhere.  Hope this is of some help.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.