FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bullheads !  (Read 14575 times)

gunner

Re: Bullheads !
« Reply #75 on: Apr 25, 2007, 06:23 AM »
Fished out of Oswege last night---13 bullheads,2 perch,3 lings and a heck of a lot of goby.  Bring plenty of worms!!!!  Those goby are masters at cleaning off your hook.

panfish lover

« Reply #76 on: Apr 25, 2007, 10:43 AM »
Fished out of Oswege last night---13 bullheads,2 perch,3 lings and a heck of a lot of goby.  Bring plenty of worms!!!!  Those goby are masters at cleaning off your hook.
Those ling you caught at wrights landing were bowfin or aka dogfish, if you want to cut down on catching goby up size your hooks, i use a size 2 baitholder for the bull heads and  other than the goby pecking at your bait i all most never catch them  Joe Richardson Phoenix NY

jim1fisher

« Reply #77 on: Apr 25, 2007, 07:58 PM »
 If you want heads BIG Bay creek on Oneida has hundrend schooling up the creek. I had the boat up there last Staurday and Caught 45 during the day.. You could see them swimming  in schools heading up the creek all day .

bullheadstoney

« Reply #78 on: Apr 25, 2007, 08:13 PM »
fished Stoney creek Sunday night,  23 heads.  Dexter Tuesday night, 17. Seemed to start right at dark. Used crawlers.

gunner

« Reply #79 on: Apr 25, 2007, 09:34 PM »
Thanks Joe---I'll give it a try.  Who knows,the larger the hook--the larger the fish!  In my case ---the more I get snagged.  ;D

stevenm2007

• OH YEA !!! SLOBS !
« Reply #80 on: Apr 26, 2007, 05:55 AM »
fished Stoney creek Sunday night,  23 heads.  Dexter Tuesday night, 17. Seemed to start right at dark. Used crawlers.
everywere on oneida lake. also at night along shorelines on the north side of the lake . i , if i even bother .... go to a spot along oneida river. and almost fill a bucket every time. every year around this time, with a small cat fish also here and there in the river
Steven M

stevenm2007

• OH YEA !!! SLOBS !
« Reply #81 on: Apr 26, 2007, 06:01 AM »
everywere on oneida lake. also at night along shorelines on the north side of the lake . i , if i even bother .... go to a spot along oneida river. and almost fill a bucket every time. every year around this time, with a small cat fish also here and there in the river

Also try shad around dams.... you will hook something bigger than a bullhead! i love catfish in spring for fun but u have to snag your own shad or net them. i stock  em in my freezer till summer/ spring am and pm are best. i dont eat them , just sportfish. biggest was 24lbs out of oneida river. phoenix dam holds alot more than anywere but they are all 6 to 10 lbs. fun to catch though
Steven M

wannafish

« Reply #82 on: Apr 26, 2007, 09:02 AM »
Does anyone know of bullheads being caught on the canal between cayuga lake and seneca lake?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.