FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Curly-Tail Grub  (Read 21949 times)

Jigwiggler

Re: Curly-Tail Grub
« Reply #30 on: Sep 26, 2004, 10:43 AM »
Slipbob- so what are your initial thoughts on the Techni-glow Munchies?  I see the bite is picking up in your area and was wondering if you have given them a shot yet.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

slipbob

« Reply #31 on: Sep 26, 2004, 10:27 PM »
Slipbob- so what are your initial thoughts on the Techni-glow Munchies?  I see the bite is picking up in your area and was wondering if you have given them a shot yet.

I have tried them a few times at the usual dusk bite and only caught a couple so before dark they are no better than the others.  I still have yet to fish after dark this fall when I would think they might shine.  Without some testing at night it's too early too tell but they sure do glow when charged.  All of my fish have been taken in the evening just before dark.  Once the days get a little shorter in a couple weeks I begin nightfishing and I have some new ideas to try as far as baits after dark.  Some of which can't be revealed, as they are in the "top secret" testing phase. ;D

Jigwiggler

« Reply #32 on: Sep 27, 2004, 12:21 PM »
Keep me posted on you results.  I'm curious as to how these are going to pan out.  I haven't been able to try them myself do to time constraints and lack of fishable conditions.  Before work this morning I checked out the Susquehanna and it was still so muddy that I'd need a nuclear glow jig for the fish to see it in the daylight! ;D ::)
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #33 on: Oct 18, 2004, 05:58 PM »
I have these newer ones I got that are 4" long and they have a red plastic thing built into the tail that is fairly small, it is round. They call it an "eye grub" I got it from sportsmans warehouse for 99cents for 4 per pack. I got likke 4 packs, and they have beautiful action and I must say in 6 casts I caught 2 walleyes on em until I lost it, then I had no more jigheads. Stupid me :P

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #34 on: Nov 10, 2004, 08:13 PM »
In the colorado river for trout I used those same eye grubs from tubes and tails and had excellent results... in november too! The fish, browns especially but some rainbows, were really wackin' em! Boy was it a lot of fun! They really liked it when i fished them extremely erratically and quickly across the bottom, but I got some hits that when I cast it out in a hole and let it sink they would hit it when it was dropping.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.