FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey guys headin to Lake Chesdin from Michigan for Vaca.  (Read 2789 times)

herefishyfishyfishy

• A.K.A. Ice Diva
I am coming down for the first week in April. will be staying near Lake Chesdin. I love to Bass fish but have only fished in Michigan.. Have lots of spinners. and Berkley, but was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on fishing this lake.. I would greatly appreciate any input. Am actually staying in Colonial Heights didn't know if Swift River was good for fishing. and if anyone knows about good parks for kids (3 years old) that would help too.. Thanks guys.

jjmoser

• Stand in line for your golden salmon
Re: Hey guys headin to Lake Chesdin from Michigan for Vaca.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2008, 08:32 AM »
I am from Michigan too, went there (Virgina) for a couple of years on vacation, I dont know how close you are to the James River but when we went in early spring the Hickory Shad run in the river and they are supper fun to catch on light tackle.  Also the Blue Cats can be taken on blood worms in the day and cut gills at night they call em Brim.  Make sure you got big tackle if you are thinking about catching those blues they can get big.  If your not near the James then I am not sure about other bodys of water.  The James river and all of its tribs are great for all types of species too.  We stayed in the town of Richmond and the 16th st. Bridge was the target location. 
Good Luck,
JJ 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.