FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Fish Stories  (Read 6616 times)

kodiak73

Re: Big Fish Stories
« Reply #15 on: Mar 18, 2004, 11:05 AM »
2 years ago i was fishing the wellsville trout derby ....it was the second day and was tierd so i walked up to this tiny hole that was about 6' deep and was sworling around looked good so i decided to sit down and fish it ....i had a tiny ultralite rod and real and 4# test line size 10 hook and a tiny peice of night crawler my line was just sworling in that pool and then WAM this fish just nailed it everyone was saying that it was a sucker so i loosen the drag and decided to fight it all of a sudden the fish comes to the surfice and has spots its a brown trout  and away we go down stream ..no net so my buddie decides he  going to try to tail this thing but all of a sudden it goes through his legs and knocks him in the water ....everyone was laughin and chearing  me on finally we did land this brown it was 24 inches long and weighed 4lbs 4 oz it is now on wall at home ....fish the genesse all the time now hoping to find another lunker like that.....Kodiak73

bluegillking

« Reply #16 on: Mar 18, 2004, 12:48 PM »
i was fishing this man made lake in texas called lake kirby. well i seen the water boiling about 25 yds out so i put a nightcrawler on with a bobber. winged it out there and about 5 minutes later wammo! the fight was on. 1hr 50 min later i landed a 90 lb big headed carp on8lb test 7' fenwick rod. i dragged that monster across the dam . had hell putting it into my truck. took to a local bait shop to have weighed on official scales 90 lbs on the nose. back then i couldnt afford a 57 "fish to be mounted so it went to local dump. i have pictures of it i'll try and put it on here. bluegill king :o

bigdave1018

« Reply #17 on: Mar 18, 2004, 03:07 PM »
we were in perch bay 1 year fishing for pike with big bobbers and huge shiners on black lake. the water came alive with huge swirls and fish jumping all over. all of a sudden my  huge bobber went under and took off towards the middle of the lake . i fought the beast thinking i had the monster pike of my life. i finally got it near the boat and it swam under the boat. my buddy said man thats a huge pike. just then it swam back the other way and a saw the round tail and huge spot on its tail. it was a dogfish or bowfin. my buddy grabbed the line pulling the fish up and the sob almost bit my buddys nose off. it was 1 crazy mad fish. i handed him my knife and said that thing aint coming in this boat. he said it might be a state record to which i said who gives a rat arse!!!!!!!!!!. great fight 1 ill truly remember.

mark mercer

• Team Mercer
« Reply #18 on: Mar 18, 2004, 07:49 PM »
what the hell is a bowfin?

reubenpa

« Reply #19 on: Mar 18, 2004, 08:27 PM »
An ugly fish that kinda looks like a catfish...   No whiskers... dorsal fin continues into the tail I think.... VERY UGLY and horible tasting.  I got one 21 " many years ago and didn't know what it was and tried to eat it....  2 bites from me and my fam, and it went to the woods!!!   MUSH...  GAGAGAGAGAGAg
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.