FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: OT: Manny being Manny?  (Read 13330 times)

FLAG

OT: Manny being Manny?
« on: Jul 31, 2008, 08:25 AM »
What do you think the odds are he's traded by 4pm today?

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
Re: OT: Manny being Manny?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2008, 08:45 AM »
Pretty good since Boston wants him out BAD! It's really too bad though. Manny's a great player but he's just bringing down the team so he's gotta go.

FLAG

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2008, 08:48 AM »
Pretty good since Boston wants him out BAD! It's really too bad though. Manny's a great player but he's just bringing down the team so he's gotta go.
I agree with you he's gotta go. I think that clubhouse is in schambles right now and he is the cause of it.

rpc55

• aka "Bonehead"
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2008, 09:18 AM »

I totally agree. Word is he's off to Florida.  ???

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2008, 09:32 AM »

Great players dont "jog" to first base on a ground ball,get rid of the lazy bum!

lv2huntandfish

• Lebanon, Me
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2008, 09:35 AM »
He is a big baby and i cant wait till he is gone...but remember this has happend many times before and we still have him now.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and there go all the good spots.

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 2008, 09:36 AM »
well its hard to give up a good hitter

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 31, 2008, 09:37 AM »
and he needs a haircut too! ;D

tracker 1

« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2008, 10:08 AM »
Being a Yanks fan I hope he stays,it always amazes me how a player in any sport  can think  that a team can't win with out them. Some of the best teams are made up of no names and they are darn good ,ex Tampa Rays. You  ( Sox fan) could loose Beckett to an injury and I guarantee you the Sox would still be in the hunt.
  The Yanks lost there number 1 (Wong) and are still a threat, so to all you Sox fans screw Manny you don't need him.The Sox should have fined him for pushing down the travel secretary. Manny should be ashamed of himself.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2008, 10:22 AM »
manny is a great hitter...he doesnt get paid to run fast or be a defensive weapon, hes paid for his stick and has been a very clutch hitter for the sox in his 7 years...it seems unlikely he will be a red sox after the trade deadline. i tip my hat to him and thank him for some very memorable Home runs through the years.

sure ill take Brett Favre straight up Manny  ;)

Scotty 

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2008, 10:56 AM »
manny is a great hitter...he doesnt get paid to run fast or be a defensive weapon, hes paid for his stick and has been a very clutch hitter for the sox in his 7 years...it seems unlikely he will be a red sox after the trade deadline. i tip my hat to him and thank him for some very memorable Home runs through the years.

run fast?he doesn't run at all,he jogs.Ortiz is paid for his stick and he hustles. ;D

FLAG

« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2008, 11:54 AM »

He has deff done some good with the bat. I lost hope for him when he pushed the travel sec. Not good.... irregardless of who you are. He has his quirks, but you don't need a poor attitude in a clubhouse.

gamefisher

« Reply #12 on: Jul 31, 2008, 12:27 PM »
I really doubt anything will happen because they won't just "give" him away without comparable compensation.  They latest I've heard would bring Jason Bay our way from Pitts. who would be an excellent fit without the attitude.  2 1/2 hours and we'll have our answer. :-\

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #13 on: Jul 31, 2008, 12:32 PM »
With all due respect to my friends on the site.

It would be good if you moved this non-fish thread and give it to the lazy bum to take with him where ever I hope he goes!

>:( >:(
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

pikehater

« Reply #14 on: Jul 31, 2008, 01:37 PM »
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.