FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout Magnet Lure.  (Read 16134 times)

grubdropper

Trout Magnet Lure.
« on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:16 AM »
Has anyone had any success fishing for Trout using trout Magnet Lures.   I bought a trout magnet kit last year and caught alot of differant fish on them but did not try them for trout.  In the past I tried small plastic ice jigs and have caught trout out of small steams and ponds.  There is a good web site for the trout magnet lures.  www.troutmagnet.com.   Anyone use these on a regular basis?  What do you think?

grubdropper

Re: Trout Magnet Lure.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2009, 01:21 PM »
Has anyone had any success fishing for Trout using trout Magnet Lures.   I bought a trout magnet kit last year and caught alot of differant fish on them but did not try them for trout.  In the past I tried small plastic ice jigs and have caught trout out of small steams and ponds.  There is a good web site for the trout magnet lures.  www.troutmagnet.com.   Anyone use these on a regular basis?  What do you think?
I take it no one has used these Lures.

Shadrap

• Addicted to Fishin
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2009, 07:07 PM »
Checked the pics out.  I've never seen them before.  Hard to say.  Right place right time as is the case for most fishing.  good luck.

fish_finder

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2009, 08:08 PM »
Ive tried them with limited success on stream brookies, i always keep a couple in my vest in case i run outta bait because they will catch then if they are hungry, HOWEVER i have found them to be killer on white and yellow perch as well as sunnies, both open water and on the ice, they should be renamed panfish magnets
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

john t.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2009, 08:30 PM »
Haven't used them for trout but the crappies like them.

geothefisher

• OPEN WATER!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2009, 12:56 PM »
Ive tried them with limited success on stream brookies, i always keep a couple in my vest in case i run outta bait because they will catch then if they are hungry, HOWEVER i have found them to be killer on white and yellow perch as well as sunnies, both open water and on the ice, they should be renamed panfish magnets
  They should be named panfish magnets.  I think I have caught just about everything on them except trout!   ???
It doesn't matter if you are trolling, casting, drop-shotting, flipping, pitching or jigging.  Just as long as you are FISHING!!!!   NAFC Life Member

stingdave9119

« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2009, 10:28 PM »
i've seen them used many times for steelhead and have tried them for trout. neveer had any luck with them for trout but some days those are all that the steelhead will hit.

Jay Fat City

• 24 States Down, 26 To Go!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2011, 10:13 AM »
Their crawfish pattern is a pure smoker for bass and BIG panifish during ice season. I tried one on the Yakima River last October after finding some claws in the rocks but it got hung up and broken off in fewer than three casts. Oh well.

Jay
Massachusetts * New Hampshire * Vermont * Connecticut * Florida * Washington * Oregon * California * New York * New Jersey * Utah * Arizona * Nevada * Wyoming * Montana * Idaho * Maryland * West Virginia * Virginia * Maine * Rhode Island * Colorado * New Mexico * Alaska

eyefishermandt

• QUIT WISHIN GO FISHIN! CAPTAIN OF THE F.O.P. TEAM
« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2011, 06:22 PM »
trout magnet you cant go wrong, this is all i even fish with for trout anymore. now it does take a little bit getting used to how to present it but when you find oout how they want it they will eat it and i change color alot, my 2 fav. colors being white and orange, i fished at my cabin in perry county for the april 2nd opener and got 61 trout (HAD MY FIRST 5 IN 5 CASTS BIGGEST ONE 21") in about 7 hrs of fishing all caught on a magnet.(all released but my 5 lol) even ended up out fishing a guy in a hole that was using bait (live) and everything else under the sun!!!! i wouldnt be afraid to say i can outfish any body on the stream with a magnet, they are killer, but like i said if your not gettin em to hit the magnet your definitely not fishing it right!!! and yes there is a technique! good fishin guys oh yea they work great on pannies too, but you guys should get the crappie magnets for the pannies they like them even more and the trout eat them too!!!!   EYEFISHERMAN   D.T.
DONALD T WITMER 111

ReelGreen

« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2012, 12:47 PM »
trout hammer them  ;)

LanceAlot

« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2012, 07:04 AM »
I have used these here on a little creek in Wyo. just below a really small bobber in some of the beaver ponds along the creek. Caught cutthroat trout like you wouldn't believe.  :D

Dabluz

« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2012, 12:45 AM »
They are simply a small jig with plastic worm.

I went brook trout fishing in the early spring with 3 other guys who used an almost exact replica of the Magnet Lure and they caught a few fish.  I used a Panther Martin "zebra" and caught a whole bunch of brookies.  The expedition was for filming an add for an outfitter and we did not want to fish with natural bait.  The fishing was very slow.....water was very cold.

The guys I went with did not want to fish mid-day when the fishing would have been better.  Fishing programs and good fishermen.....not with the group I fished with....lol.  One guy tried a few dry flies but there were no flies in the morning or in the afternoon.....lol.  He should have tried a nymph or fished at mid-day.

I think that the Magnet Lures and other lures just like them are good for stocked trout but are probably not good for wild brook trout.

chez

« Reply #12 on: Mar 30, 2013, 08:40 AM »
i caught every freshwater fish on this lure.from bass to bullheads.i find it great for spring callicos.always have some with me.seems the greens and blacks work best for me.

Hillbilly75

« Reply #13 on: Apr 01, 2013, 10:02 PM »
I like them for still water (lakes/ponds) but prefer using really small tube jigs (pink, white and black) with a little heavier jig head in the rivers; the jig head on the magnets are too light for most trout waters I fish--can't get the magnets near the bottom in deeper, faster water quick enough.
Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves.

mrbeeman212

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 12:06 PM »
They work great though the ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.