FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ROUND 3 CONFERENCE FINALS!  (Read 6749 times)

crosscobra

ROUND 3 CONFERENCE FINALS!
« on: May 15, 2009, 09:15 AM »
these should be some great games we all know where splash and the rest of the black sheep stand ( lol) but regardless of the outcome this is going to be some great hockey! wings play sunday at 3:00pm on vs and pens play Monday at 7:30. i hope that Carolina beats pens! but hey right now its all about who wants it more! so lets have some fun guys and enjoy some great hockey.. PS this is the THRIRD time in a row the best team in all of professional sports has made it to the CONFERENCE FINALS ;)

Adam Bomb

• Avid Walleye Fisherman
Re: ROUND 3 CONFERENCE FINALS!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 12:31 PM »
Should be a great series. Lots of firepower on both squads. I think the Wings gotta stick to their cycling, grinding style of offense and get traffic in front for tips etc. to score on Khabibulin. We're at our best when we do that. At the same time I think we'll have more room in this series for our skill guys to be creative compared to the suffocating style of defense Anaheim plays. I think guys like Hossa and Datsyuk will have better series offensively, which should vote well for Detroit. We also have to play discipline. We cant put the Hawks on the PP too often because theyll make us pay there too. Way too much skill on this young squad.

On the other side of the coin, Chicago is very fast and very skilled. Theyre a great transition team and can really take advantage of turnovers. To stifle that we need to continue to play our physical brand of hockey, clog up the neutral zone to slow them down, but we gotta play it smart. We gotta keep ourselves on the right side of the puck or the speed and skill of players like Kane and Toews will burn us 5 on 5 or on the PP.

In the end, i expect our depth and experience to prevail. Wings will continue to roll 4 lines and wear down the Hawks and ultimately i think we'll win the series in 5 or 6 games....Thats if we play our game. ;)...I know this, itll be some great hockey. Cant wait for the puck drop at 3 pm on Sunday.
Keep The Fish Pump Runin'!!!
Adam

crosscobra

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 06:13 PM »
there we go 5-2!!

Adam Bomb

• Avid Walleye Fisherman
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 03:30 PM »
Been outta town for the last 6 days, but i did catch both games between Chi/Det....and i must say i am very happy with the play of the Wings. We're getting plenty of great chances with tons of odd man rushes. D's been pretty good and Osgood has stood his ground. Wings are up 2-0...Lets keep it rolling.
Adam

crosscobra

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 09:37 PM »
wow hat trick my mulkin tonight... wow

JKneibel

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 09:42 PM »
WINGS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!
A bad day fishing and drinking beer is better than a good day at work.

Jose

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 11:38 AM »
I hope you all saw Kronwall knock Havlat out of the game with a clean hit, he totally looked dead laying on the ice...too bad the refs felt the need to call a bullsh*t penalty and misconduct on him...from what I understand interference is when you hit someone who doesn't have the puck...***censored****?!

Adam Bomb

• Avid Walleye Fisherman
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 01:20 PM »
I missed most of the game, with the exception of the last 5 minutes of the second and third period. From what i saw, the game seemed back and forth with one team really dominating the other with pressure and chances. It just wasnt the Red Wings hockey that we've been getting as of late in the defensive zone.

I agree, that was a cheap azs call against Kroner. A penalty call maybe, still B.S., but not tossed from the game. I expected Chicago to win one in this series and i figured it would be on home ice. I fully expect the Wings to come back with a furocious effort in game 4 to put a strangle hold on the series.

Go Wings
Adam

Adam Bomb

• Avid Walleye Fisherman
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 05:21 PM »
Boy did Chicago blow it today. What a total melt down in a game they had to win. One undiciplined penalty after another. I think they were purely out to get retribution for the clean hit that Kronwall laid on Havlat. Unfotunately for them it didnt work out as they planned it would. Instead they were steam rolled 6-1 by the Wings who were without Datsyuk, Lidstrom and Draper. Wings even pulled Ozzy for the 3rd and put Conklin in, who looked great when tested.

Looking back id say Campbell wishes he woulda never opened his mouth about the Kronwall/Havlat hit. It fueled the Wings play today and made his own team focus on retribution. Funny thing is that they showed a hit that he made on the opposition in a past game that was nearly identical, yet he called Kronwalls "gutless". The commentators and everyone else in the hockey world outside of Chicago are still laughing about that one.

We're headed back to the Joe with a 3-1 stranglehold in this series. Now, lets go wrap it up on home ice.

Go Wings!!!
Adam

Pajns

• Ya just GOTTA Love it!!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 07:23 AM »
Clean sweep for the PENS. They are on a mission and have peaked as a team at just the right time. I wouldn't wanna be the team that stands between them and the Cup.   Hats off to the PENS!!!!!! :flex: :flex:  Now who's NEXT?????
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught......JUST remember them being BIGGER!!

crosscobra

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 04:47 PM »
Clean sweep for the PENS. They are on a mission and have peaked as a team at just the right time. I wouldn't wanna be the team that stands between them and the Cup.   Hats off to the PENS!!!!!! :flex: :flex:  Now who's NEXT?????
:wacko:

Pajns

• Ya just GOTTA Love it!!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 01:53 PM »
Guess ya better start a Final thread. Good Luck Wings..........LETS GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught......JUST remember them being BIGGER!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.